Unlimited gprs plans on vodafone

Srirama

Adept
HI guys i am using vodafone in chennai.
I googled and found that there is a unlimited plan for rs 95.
but on further googling i found that,it was a fake one where you would be charged after 50mb use.
Moreover,vodafone charges per kb not per 10kb.
Im heavily dependent on gprs,due to not applying amy gprs plans,i have spent nearly rs 120in 7 days.
Some one please suggest some good plans.

I'm heavily dependent on gprs,and access sites more on my nokia 5230.than on desktop,im even typing this only from my phone.

Thank for your time.:)

Srirama said:
so the conclusion?? :S

you are mostly screwed. Almost all telecom operators in India have horrible plans, some have come out with good ones only to discontinue them on a later date.

you may wanna try data cards, like the BSNL EVDO

Pat said:
^^Aircel speeds are pathetic! Not recommended at all!!

Aircel speeds are not pathetic everywhere. It depends on the load on the tower in your area.

In Kolkata, Aircel gives pretty good speeds. But the condition is not the same all over Kolkata. In some places speeds be great while in other areas, speeds are average. I got this info from my friends who are using Aircel.

@Srirama Try out Aircel once. The SIM does not cost too much. Try out their 3 day Pocket Internet pack which costs Rs.14.
Check out their service yourself and then form your opinion about the service quality of Aircel.

Also try Reliance GPRS. It costs Rs. 95/month for 300MB Download Limit. Excess usage is 50ps/MB which too is very reasonable. I have an aircel sim but reliance is my backup option because it gives better speeds in my area.

BTW SIM costs Rs. 5 for the 1re/3min any call plan with Rs. 50 talktime :D.

op try out idea gprs.the unlimited postpaid plans are around 600+taxes per month.I am using it and i consistently get a speed of 25KBps which i feel is good compared to 236.8Kbps theoretical speed.

Corporate clients get Vodafone mobile connect unlimited for Rs.99

A few friends in hewitt have this service.

Ask any of your friends who are working in a decent sized firm to get a number for you on their name

johnie1 said:
op try out idea gprs.the unlimited postpaid plans are around 600+taxes per month.I am using it and i consistently get a speed of 25KBps which i feel is good compared to 236.8Kbps theoretical speed.

Totally NOT worth the money IMHO.

reliance has 299 per month plan with 2gb limit.if only surfing is what you do.this plan might suffice. I checked my usage on my phone and found it to be around 2 gb even with the music downloads.

vodafone with corporate plans has 299 Rs per month - UNLIMITED GPRS

You can connect to computer & surf too :p - Cheapest broadband :)

damn Vodaphone says they have separate plan iPhones called some data plans.

Can anyone confirm if we can use iPhone on same plan ?

Back