Unlimited Internet in mumbai? wich is the best 4 256kbps

ajo_alex said:
wer do u stay? also any installation charges? how much?
I don't trust sify anymore cause of their downtime. Once its down then IT IS down for like 2 or 3 days which i simply used to hate it. That is the main reason i switched onto MTNL, otherwise even i was a customer of Sify 256 kbps UL plan.

Its okay... well am not on Sify personally as yet but yes i've bn using Sify @ my COusin's place everyweekend.. infact we dload huge stuffs.. no downtime till now faced :S.. even rite now am on Sify and replying the post...

...may be was ur badluck you faced this problem..
Ecstasy said:
Sorry wrong quote, i was gonna quote boogieman. Damn why don't i see 'edit' button? o_O

b00gieMan said:
Its okay... well am not on Sify personally as yet but yes i've bn using Sify @ my COusin's place everyweekend.. infact we dload huge stuffs.. no downtime till now faced :S.. even rite now am on Sify and replying the post...

...may be was ur badluck you faced this problem..
If you are sure that Sify is providing good service in your area then i would say "Go for it".

i guess i am finalling into sify n airtel....so which do i chose from these? i want it asap....can't wait for a month to get it...

Personal experience of Sify so would definately suggest that.. Airtel if u have personal experience then use that..

..Go with Sify 256/512K (day 256K and night 512K) connection :)
ajo_alex said:
i guess i am finalling into sify n airtel....so which do i chose from these? i want it asap....can't wait for a month to get it...

DSL and WiMax both are 2 different technologies. WiMax is actually better than DSL as its wireless and schemes given in WiMax are good like 2MBps Unlimited. Only thing is, Reliance WiMax rite now is kinda expensive...1k for installation and then they only have quaterly and 6monthly schemes no per month schemes are available.

If you got enuff moolah then dont waste time here and there... go for WiMax :)

Just call Reliance WiMax ppl, they'll send their technical guy @ ur place with the instruments. He'll fix the receiver @ ur window / terrace and check the signal and accordingly a Cat 5 cable from the WiMax receiver will be connected to your PC.

Best part is, when you call them, and if in your area the WiMax signal isnt good or its not as good as suggested then they'll tell you rite on the fone and you cant apply for the connection :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit / PS: 1k installation is refundable.. its deducted in ur next 1st bill or something.

b00gieMan said:
Personal experience of Sify so would definately suggest that.. Airtel if u have personal experience then use that..

..Go with Sify 256/512K (day 256K and night 512K) connection :)

Bad luck..i asked airtel, its not available....i guess only Sify left....

k.. check out with Sify and Reliance / TATA WiMax.

...DAMN! why nobody is adding REPS to me???? :mad: 400+ replies and yet hardly any reputation WTF! :( :no:
...Guys please add some :clap: :bleh:
ajo_alex said:
Bad luck..i asked airtel, its not available....i guess only Sify left....

Assuming I go for the MTNL DSL NU 849 plan, what will be final cost incurred by me ?

What is the final cost adding up rentals for modem+tax and everything ?

whts the present speed 256kbps guys getting??

if its still ard 50kBps...i might opt for it as reliance wimax is not feasible at my place unless i give them terrace permission which is not possible

Back