Unlimited Usage on BSNL EVDO Upto 2Mbps?

multi said:
try at your room window / gallery .

if u at duplex home go to 1st floor or terrace it will be clear signal

Already tried in the 2nd floor. Its showing full tower anyways even in the middle of the room or the corner of it. But still speed is low :S

My friend a got BSNL EVDO RUIM sim yesterday afternoon from BSNL CSC and its still not active. When I tried calling the number, its saying that the number doesn't exist. Does EVDO take this long just for activation?

I put on a torrent download @ ~07:30 today morning and got consistent speeds of 50kBps - 85 kBps (With occaional burst upto ~105kBps) The avg. speed till 9 AM was ~65kBps. Then all of a sudden the speed dipped to 8-15 kBps :(

I didnt disconnect and also didnt change the postion of the laptop or the card antenna. Any particular reason why it happened!

My friend has a TATA Photon + Huawei EC152 Modem which is MEID based and has a pESN. Now he got a BSNL EVDO R-UIM thinking that the R-UIM slot can be activated on the EC152.

Anyway I tried all possible softwares like QPST, DFS (Thanks to Kuduku) and CDMA Workshop (I had previously did this on a ZTE 8710 and it worked fine ) and all softwares have the option to enable the R-UIM slot and it works fine as well. But the moment I insert the R-UIM card into the modem and restart it goes back to NVRAM only mode.

What might be the reason? Is it because the modem is MEID based and R-UIM only has an ESN? If yes, can I now ask BSNL to deactivate the RUIM card and ask them to register the modem in their system and activate it? Does BSNL's network support MEID? I read that usually in an ESN only network they do not register devices with a pESN.

If anyone has any info regarding this please let me know.

So anyone tried sierra wireless 595u as mentioned by #kuduku ?

My 4.5 years old ZTE AC8700(Rev 0) is still working fine and giving me around 180-200+ KBps most of the time.

Since BSNL has upgraded their BTS to now REV A(3.1 Mbps). i am in a dilemma over whether to get new data card or not ?
<

and not to forget that REV A has lower latency than REV 0. so in result you get speedier browsing.

I put on a torrent download @ ~07:30 today morning and got consistent speeds of 50kBps - 85 kBps (With occaional burst upto ~105kBps) The avg. speed till 9 AM was ~65kBps. Then all of a sudden the speed dipped to 8-15 kBps :(
Basically all unlimited plans I have seen in India are just crap in the end. ISPs brag about 3G and 4G BS but the condition in India is one of the worst services in the world when it comes to personal internet plans.

Prices are also ridiculous. Internet is one of the most important things or parts of our lives now and government does nothing to improve the situation as most of them are just old farts who barely know jackshit about computers.

I have a BSNL unlimited broadband plan and i get consistent 50 KB/s~512kbps and 1 mbps for first 6GB of download and it's just pathetic in the end. Indians really need to pass FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) so that foreign ISPs can start some serious competition and Airtel and all other stupid providers stop ripping us with ridiculous internet pricing. Our IT industry is gaining world reputation and it's a shame that we're held back by stupid politics and greedy domestic companies.

Back