Laptops Update HDD to SSD in HP Envy laptop

AgentBane

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I have this old HP Laptop (HP ENVY Notebook 15-as014wm) which works perfectly fine and is in mint condition, but the only issue is the HDD which always uses 100% of disk.

Currently I am thinking of upgrading the HDD to SSD. I want to know if anyone here has done the upgrade but also want to know which SSD is compatible with the laptop.

I have done some research and found couple of Crucial brand SSD compatible for laptop at their site - https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp-compaq/envy-15-as014wm

Do we have any site to check compatible SSD for the laptop?

Also if there are risks doing it please let me know .

You should check user manual or specifications of your laptop if it has nvme slot or sata slot or if not it can definitely get 2.5 inch sata ssd which will also improve your laptop speed

Any SATA SSD should be fine. For the laptop, a SATA SSD is no different from a SATA HDD as they use the same connector and protocol.

Buy a Crucial BX500. It should be fine for your laptop. You can also go for Kingston or Silicon Power SSDs if they're cheaper. Just get the 2.5" form factor, not M.2

These are not top of the line products, but will work fine for a regular user.

You should check user manual or specifications of your laptop if it has nvme slot or sata slot or if not it can definitely get 2.5 inch sata ssd which will also improve your laptop speed
Any SATA SSD should be fine. For the laptop, a SATA SSD is no different from a SATA HDD as they use the same connector and protocol.

Buy a Crucial BX500. It should be fine for your laptop. You can also go for Kingston or Silicon Power SSDs if they're cheaper. Just get the 2.5" form factor, not M.2

These are not top of the line products, but will work fine for a regular user..

Thanks for the suggestions .Yes as per the manuals I see 2.5 Sata are much better will be opening laptop today as I was not having good screw tips will reply back just in case it helps someone .

One additional suggestion, SSD prices have gone up in recent times. So if you want to get a 250 GB SSD while retaining your HDD, you can remove the DVD drive if your laptop has one. You can get a caddy to fit the SSD in its place.

Back