Upgradatis Strikes Again

gannu said:
Eazy sir, was the DP35 for 5.6k odd???

Supposed to be one of the most stable boards.. :D

5.6k !!! Gulbir took 800/- on top from me to take back the IP35-E and give me the DP35DP. :(

YUP - it has to be stable as it runs everything very slow. :)

in CPU-Z my e7200 CPU keeps switching speeds between 1600mhz and 2533mhz, even tho I have set this feature off in BIOS.

The fans kept running slow even tho I set this feature off in BIOS, so I took them off the fan headers and attached them to Molex connectors

My G Skill 4-4-3-5 ram will only run at 5-5-5-15, if I change this setting even by one step - the MoBo becomes an INSTANT PAPERWEIGHT

Eazy said:
5.6k !!! Gulbir took 800/- on top from me to take back the IP35-E and give me the DP35DP. :(

YUP - it has to be stable as it runs everything very slow. :)

in CPU-Z my e7200 CPU keeps switching speeds between 1600mhz and 2533mhz, even tho I have set this feature off in BIOS.

The fans kept running slow even tho I set this feature off in BIOS, so I took them off the fan headers and attached them to Molex connectors

My G Skill 4-4-3-5 ram will only run at 5-5-5-15, if I change this setting even by one step - the MoBo becomes an INSTANT PAPERWEIGHT

Oh man.. 6 120mm fans inside the NZXT!! :O

Hws the cfm of these 120mm ones??? Are they noisy??? :)

And is the cabinet light weight???

if I change this setting even by one step - the MoBo becomes an INSTANT PAPERWEIGHT
:lol:

gannu said:
Oh man.. 6 120mm fans inside the NZXT!! :O

Hws the cfm of these 120mm ones??? Are they noisy??? :)

And is the cabinet light weight???

:lol:

6 x 120mm fans !! ?? ... NAH MAN... 8 !! There are 8 120mm fans inside the NZXT Zero - 7 as stock and one of my own which I always attach to the HDD cage :) and it has space for 2 80mm fans - only one installed on top.

Would you believe with all these fans this one has the highest temps I have seen in any case I have owned. The stock NZXT fans are low/medium speed and have molex connectors - so no idea about speed, I would guess they are around 1200 - 1400RPM.

Light weight ? NOPE - I have 4 HDD and 8 fans and a BACKACHE from all the lifting of this case !! Seriously I have a pretty bad backache from working with this case - changed MoBo's 3 times already. :(

Eazy said:
6 x 120mm fans !! ?? ... NAH MAN... 8 !! There are 8 120mm fans inside the NZXT Zero - 7 as stock and one of my own which I always attach to the HDD cage :) and it has space for 2 80mm fans - only one installed on top.

Would you believe with all these fans this one has the highest temps I have seen in any case I have owned. The stock NZXT fans are low/medium speed and have molex connectors - so no idea about speed, I would guess they are around 1200 - 1400RPM.

Light weight ? NOPE - I have 4 HDD and 8 fans and a BACKACHE from all the lifting of this case !! Seriously I have a pretty bad backache from working with this case - changed MoBo's 3 times already. :(

Oh ok..

But leight-weight it is when compared to the all-steel cabinets in the market like the CM690; :)

I also got my machine some time back and had a really bad backache after towing the cabbie around like a dumbass. I have a CM690 and 3 hdds. This thing atleast has rubberfeet or else my fingers wudve gotten crushed under the weight. (This is coming from a guy who got one of his finger trapped under a 6TB NAS box [Office ka not at home :bleh:])

Udit said:
did you switch off speed step & c1e?

YES !! but the MoBo keeps dropping the CPU and fan speeds, even tho I have switched off these features :( I have now moved all the fans (except the CPU fan) to Molex connectors to avoid slow RPM.

BUT - this board is abs solid in stability, I screwed up the BIOS with bad ram timings , and with a recovery BIOS on a pen drive I was able to get back a working BIOS in a jiffy :clap:

@SharekhaN

Maybe you want to do what I had when I ran the IP35-E MoBo, I set a 10 sec delay in BIOS for the HDD startup, I did this hoping that the HDD would not become active during the double boot process. It may or may not do any good, but I felt that the HDD heads would not have moved for this 10 sec period so there could be a lesser chance of a HDD problem.

Maybe someone else knows better on this topic and will give us some info.

just my 2 paisa.

EDIT: My apologies for having crapped so much in your thread :cheers:

bikey where are you!

someone doubleposted!!! educate him :p

my DS3 also occasionally doubleboots, but i dont see why its an issue...boot times go up by 3-4 secs..thats all

nukeu666 said:
bikey where are you!
someone doubleposted!!! educate him :p
my DS3 also occasionally doubleboots, but i dont see why its an issue...boot times go up by 3-4 secs..thats all
The double post was intentionally made to keep that part of the message seperate to push the point about the double post problem of this MoBo, and to suggest a solution. :(

Would you like to often switch on power to the computer and power it off in a couple of seconds and then within a couple of seconds power it on again ? Basically that is what the double boot does on an Abit IP35-E, and it happens on every startup after the power is switched on from the wall socket or certain changes are made in the BIOS. Do you think it will be OK for a HDD to go thru this power ON-OFF-ON sequence within 5 - 7 seconds ? :huh:

Eazy said:
The double post was intentionally made to keep that part of the message seperate to push the point about the double post problem of this MoBo, and to suggest a solution. :(

Would you like to often switch on power to the computer and power it off in a couple of seconds and then within a couple of seconds power it on again ? Basically that is what the double boot does on an Abit IP35-E, and it happens on every startup after the power is switched on from the wall socket or certain changes are made in the BIOS. Do you think it will be OK for a HDD to go thru this power ON-OFF-ON sequence within 5 - 7 seconds ? :huh:

Eazy sir,

Does this happen when the PSU power cable is connected to the UPS and the UPS is switched off [I mean the switch on ur UPS] not the main power to the UPS???

And this aint happening with the Intel DP35 or is it...... :huh:

gannu said:
Does this happen when the PSU power cable is connected to the UPS and the UPS is switched off [I mean the switch on ur UPS] not the main power to the UPS???

And this aint happening with the Intel DP35 or is it...... :huh:

When we press the power switch on the computer case the MoBo does not get powered off but goes into standby mode, which is indicated by the LED on the MoBo's. To actually power off the MoBo it is necessary to power off a UPS or pull the plug from a wall socket. Most switches used for computers are single pole switches and when you switch these off you will still see the LED being lit up (I dont know why this happens as this is beyond the scope of my knowledge), so when you switch off power to a computer from a single pole switch and then you yank out cards or ram you can do damage to them !! :O

I use a double pole switch on my computer and when I power this off the MoBo's LED goes off. APC in my SmartUPS's manual has clearly mentioned that dual pole switches MUST be used on the wall socket for the UPS. A dual pole switch cuts both the positive and negative supply when in the off position.

If I am not mistaken when any UPS is powered off it acts like a dual pole switch, confirm this by powering off the UPS and checking if the LED on the MoBo is still lit.

The Intel DP35DP board tho using the same P35 chipset as the Abit IP35-E has no dual boot problem :clap:

Eazy said:
When we press the power switch on the computer case the MoBo does not get powered off but goes into standby mode, which is indicated by the LED on the MoBo's. To actually power off the MoBo it is necessary to power off a UPS or pull the plug from a wall socket. Most switches used for computers are single pole switches and when you switch these off you will still see the LED being lit up (I dont know why this happens as this is beyond the scope of my knowledge), so when you switch off power to a computer from a single pole switch and then you yank out cards or ram you can do damage to them !! :O

I use a double pole switch on my computer and when I power this off the MoBo's LED goes off. APC in my SmartUPS's manual has clearly mentioned that dual pole switches MUST be used on the wall socket for the UPS. A dual pole switch cuts both the positive and negative supply when in the off position.

If I am not mistaken when any UPS is powered off it acts like a dual pole switch, confirm this by powering off the UPS and checking if the LED on the MoBo is still lit.

The Intel DP35DP board tho using the same P35 chipset as the Abit IP35-E has no dual boot problem :clap:

Phase and Neutral.

My DFI LP P35 T2R shuts down immediately when i change the OC settings in the bios and turns on again. Is this how the Abit IP35-E acts ?

Saiyan said:
My DFI LP P35 T2R shuts down immediately when i change the OC settings in the bios and turns on again. Is this how the Abit IP35-E acts ?

Same hpnd in my Asus P5K Del and in my present mobo.

Guess its a common feature. :)

Easy , the dual boot problem strikes only when you disconnect it from the Power completely, that is hardly ever the case so no double booting for me now.

My PC stays connected to the UPS all times...

I think that is a sure problem for people running the board without a UPS.

SharekhaN said:
Easy , the dual boot problem strikes only when you disconnect it from the Power completely, that is hardly ever the case so no double booting for me now.

My PC stays connected to the UPS all times...

I think that is a sure problem for people running the board without a UPS.

I do a lot of "ongli" inside the computer case every day, and I power off the computer and switch off the UPS before I shove my hands in the case, this would cause the MoBo to do a double boot at least 5 times a day. I am sure this cannot be good for the HDDs health :no:

I am having a lot of fun these days... my XP installation which I am using now has been thru 4 mother board changes (3 MoBo's changed in the last couple of weeks) and I have always just uninstalled old MoBo drivers and installed the new drivers and just continued working. :eek:hyeah: Things are now looking so messed up here that when I play a video XP thinks it is playing a game.

Eazy said:
When we press the power switch on the computer case the MoBo does not get powered off but goes into standby mode, which is indicated by the LED on the MoBo's. To actually power off the MoBo it is necessary to power off a UPS or pull the plug from a wall socket. Most switches used for computers are single pole switches and when you switch these off you will still see the LED being lit up
When comp is off and LED is still on, press the power button for 5 secs. standby LED will turn off :)

Back