Upgrade from Netgear WNR2000

meet6600

Adept
Hi Frendz,

I have a Netgear WNR 2000 N series Router for the past 4 months and I am completely dissatisfied with its overall performance!! I am unable to use my wifi enabled E72 with it which works flawlessly with G Series Router's of other companies like Belkin, Netgear, etc even though I have made it to work in G mode!! The connection drops are frequent and overall it's not that good as I expected it to be!! I have an Airtel BB Connection 256 KBPS (upgraded to 512 KBPS:hap2::hap2:) and I use Wifi on My Dell Studio Laptop and Nokia E72. I reside in a normal 2 BHK Flat on first floor. So guys please suggest some good wifi routers that would serve the purpose of browsing on my Laptop and mobile WITHOUT drops. Also since I download 4m torrents often so would be great to get a new router that can help me with that too. Was considering ASUS WL520GU as my budget is upto 2k so please suggest me within my budget. I am really frustated with netgear wnr 2000....it was so difficult to upgrade the firmware too but no performance improvement till date!!! :mad::mad:

Thanks in advance

Using WNR834Bv2 close to 1 Year,without any problem,

Usage:- Nokia E63,N82 netbrowsing, 1PC with USB wi-fi dongle (Netgear WG111.v3), 1PC with LAN dload rig. ALL using G mode though.

Only Lan connected pc seat in the same room ground floor.

though WNR2000 is not a good product from netgear.

Hi Frendz,

Kindly suggest for a good router within 2k....its been long I posted so that I could get something better than my crappy Netgear WNR2000 so please help with ur valuable suggestions.:S:S

meet6600 said:
Hi Frendz,

Kindly suggest for a good router within 2k....its been long I posted so that I could get something better than my crappy Netgear WNR2000 so please help with ur valuable suggestions.:S:S

Hi, you can go for Edimax BR-6524N router, performance is good.
Not very sure whether E72 will work in 11n mode or you have to switch it to G mode again, but atleast even in G mode overall performance is good.

Edimax BR-6524n - Wireless IEEE802.11 b/g/n Broadband Router

PS: you can see router setup emulator also using above link...

I guess it will come under your budget...

if u have many wireless connections in a single area they conflict so try something with a different band width like 5.8ghz wireless router costing @ Rs.5000

Where I can find edimax routers in India and their prices?? Online review seem great!! and what about warranty and after sales??:S

meet6600 said:
Where I can find edimax routers in India and their prices?? Online review seem great!! and what about warranty and after sales??:S

You can send inquiry on support_india@edimax.com.tw
Hope you will get revert back with best price and authorized dealer details in your area!!

Warranty: 3yrs, after sales support - Good.

Going for a ASUS RT N13 U Since I can't shell more than 3k. However would like to know about its performance as BT Downloader!!!

Back