Budget 0-20k Upgrade rig for gaming.

Stick with this board at-least the resale value will be better than the cheaper motherboards. If you still want something cheaper, look at this one --

GIGABYTE-H61M-D2H ~3200/-.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- To tag people in a post, use the following syntax -- @<iD> , e.g. @piper.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17 : Thanks, will consider that board as well. Although my last board cost around 3200 and I have felt I should've opted for something better so probably the B75 chipset Gigabyte is the right choice. Especially considering resale value :) .

Sire, I suggest that you go for this motherboard GIGABYTE-Z77-UD3H -- street pricing should be ~13500/-, a µATX motherboard lacking any heat-sinks around the MOSFET and socket region is a strict no-no from my side.
I'm trying to stretch my budget a bit. From 4.5k mobo to 8k for an OCing one seems/seemed good. Still trying to find one that doesn't go too over budget. How about this one : ASRock Z77 Pro4 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com ?

I'm trying to stretch my budget a bit. From 4.5k mobo to 8k for an OCing one seems/seemed good. Still trying to find one that doesn't go too over budget. How about this one : ASRock Z77 Pro4 Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com ?

No that piece is more dangerous than the GIGABYTE motherboards you mentioned. Does not even have proper ATX dimensions OR screw layout, some pieces also have damaged CPU sockets.

You can look at this one -- GIGABYTE-Z77MX-D3H ~9500/-, it is µATX but the best compromise <--> performance tradeoff for your tight budget.

No that piece is more dangerous than the GIGABYTE motherboards you mentioned. Does not even have proper ATX dimensions OR screw layout, some pieces also have damaged CPU sockets.

You can look at this one -- GIGABYTE-Z77MX-D3H ~9500/-, it is µATX but the best compromise <--> performance tradeoff for your tight budget.

I guess then it is best to do as originally decided : opt for a budget mobo now and upgrade the mobo later. So 4.5k invested now, maybe I can sell it off for 2k odd later on and by then should be able to get a good Z77 or better mobo new or used, to OC the 2500k.

If you want to OC the i5 2500K to it's potential then get a good Asus Z77 mobo,Settle for low budget mobo now and get a good 14k Asus Z77 mobo later.
I guess then it is best to do as originally decided : opt for a budget mobo now and upgrade the mobo later. So 4.5k invested now, maybe I can sell it off for 2k odd later on and by then should be able to get a good Z77 or better mobo new or used, to OC the 2500k.

If you want to OC the i5 2500K to it's potential then get a good Asus Z77 mobo,Settle for low budget mobo now and get a good 14k Asus Z77 mobo later.
Tell the exact model number which you are suggesting, that'll be helpful.

Tell the exact model number which you are suggesting, that'll be helpful.

Go for the GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H for now and later swap it for a GIGABYTE-Z77-UD3H once Intel Haswell chipset(s) + processors release next year Q2. Cheerio!

Go for the GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H for now and later swap it for a GIGABYTE-Z77-UD3H once Intel Haswell chipset(s) + processors release next year Q2. Cheerio!
Cool, original plan. Although once you walk into a computer shop, last minute (upgrade) decisions tend to happen.

Will probably go on Saturday for buying the items. Any last minute suggestions?

And RAM - Vengeance / RipjawsX - 1600 - 2x4GB fine ?

This rig better run BF3 decent enough paired with my 6850.

Go for RipjwsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.4k your rig wil run BF3 fine at mid settings.
Will probably go on Saturday for buying the items. Any last minute suggestions?

And RAM - Vengeance / RipjawsX - 1600 - 2x4GB fine ?

This rig better run BF3 decent enough paired with my 6850.

This is off topic but an important tip.

Which ever rig you decide finally go for it only.
When you go to buy at these tech shops they try to confuse you and tell you this drawbacks and other crap about the rig you have in mind.
Then they show you something completely new and tell you all the advantages but in real sense its total crap.

People here want to help you so their inputs are for your benefits only so never question their judgement over the sellers as they love to scam people.

I was scammed way back when I didnt go with the rig mentioned on the forum and took a gamble and got the seller's.
I know you may say it's so dumb of me but these sellers are sugar-coated and speak so well and con you into buying their bad products.
I was just like you,getting my budget gaming rig.[I still can play all games at medium but I got scammed of atleast 10k.]

So beware.
Gain enough knowledge about your rig and ask questions here.

Also never get anything flashy like blue LEDs etc.You will regret in the longrun.

Cheers !

This is why I shared my exprience.
If not him some one else would benefit.

Last minute decisions only happen if buyer falls for the bait. If he is adamant about his choice either the shop-keeper provides him that OR flipkart.com and hardwire.in are always there to pick-up the slack.

Back