Upgrade to Xenforo, is It Worth It ?

avi

Skilled
I am thinking to upgrade my forum to xenforo. Currently I have running myBB. What are the advantages of it over mybb ? Apart from eye candy..

and I also believe it will make people to reply more... [or am I wrong :p]

-SEO will be improved ? Like vBSEO which I heard makes wonderful SEO job for vB.

-Secondly, can it be highly customizable as myBB ?

-can it in anyway help bringing more traffic ? [n00b here, not sure whether forum software plays any role in traffic]

TIA :)

I don't use myBB so I am not sure about that. XF is supposed to be more user friendly for technically challenged users because it focuses on usability and removes non-essential parts.

- SEO is good and comparable to vbSEO. Again dont know if it will improve over mybb.

- Yes it can be highly customized by anyone who knows how to customize.

- Not it will not. A forum software can be difficult to use and drive away members. But it can never get you more traffic on its own. You have to do that yourself with content and easy to use software.

Renegade said:
I don't use myBB so I am not sure about that. XF is supposed to be more user friendly for technically challenged users because it focuses on usability and removes non-essential parts.
Even I was thinking same. I feel xF is lot user friendlier.

Renegade said:
- SEO is good and comparable to vbSEO. Again dont know if it will improve over mybb.
If SEO means canonical URLs like community.com/forum/thread-title then even myBB also has that.

How is crawlers & spiders support ? Google, Yahoo, Baidu etc always index my current forum.
Renegade said:
- Not it will not. A forum software can be difficult to use and drive away members. But it can never get you more traffic on its own. You have to do that yourself with content and easy to use software.
Thanks for this !

And one more question, how is xF community support ? tbh myBB support is totally great. Almost every plugin is FREE & even there are lot of helpful members who can help creating custom mods/styles etc. But how is this with xF ? As forum software costs, then one has to pay for plugins also ? I mean no. of useful ones.

The only reason I am moving from mybb is cos of user friendliness & social features offered by xenforo.

mehrotra.akash said:
Why not vBulletin?

Its familiar to most people and has a nice clean look
Nope. It is not 'that' user friendly as Xenforo is. And also kind of people who visit my forum are not at all familiar with vb or even mybb. So I need more user friendly software. Don't know how IPB is

Back