Budget 31-40k Upgrade vital components

The reason for going in for a liquid cooling system is to prevent dust accumulation on my cpu hsf -- my area is in a very dusty place. Earlier I could spend time to open the system each month to clean the innards now its been over a year since I opened my system. I am too lazy and now there's too much to do.

The reason for going in for a liquid cooling system is to prevent dust accumulation on my cpu hsf -- my area is in a very dusty place. Earlier I could spend time to open the system each month to clean the innards now its been over a year since I opened my system. I am too lazy and now there's too much to do.

I do understand your quandary now - however dust can also affect each and every other component within your cabinet. The solution to this IMHO would be to look out for a cabinet with "sufficient" wire-mesh & detachable filter's at the top/rear/bottom & sides - so that once every three month's you can pull out these dust-filters and clean them easily.

Now does such a cabinet exist - where "dust-filter's" are available on all sides (or some amount of modding may help solve this issue).

Cheers

Hence the proposed cabinet upgrade to Antec P182 -- my idea of the perfect cabinet. Finalized on core i7 2600k and z77 as the chipset of choice.

Back