Budget 21-30k Upgrades in Bangalore

Myth_Pharoah

Disciple
Hello! Been a long as time since I last posted in TE. I think...

I'm planning on an upgrade, after 4 years, with a budget of about 30k or so.(less is better, more is acceptable)
What I need advice/review on is whether this seems feasible and what's a good shop in Bangalore to go pick these up. I went through a few posts and Aashirvad seems to be the better one?

Current -> Upgrade
Intel C2D E7300 -> i5 3570k (14k ish?)
Gigabyte p45 UD3R -> ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (10kish?) (Confused between this, extreme 6 and pro4)
G Skill Pi Black 2x2gb -> GSkill Some 8gb... >.< Don't quite know whats the best. What is better? Cheaper 16gigs or expensive 8gigs?
EVGA GTX260 Sp216 Superclocked 896mb (I think this suffices me for now)
Deathadder
Shitty keyboard
MX5021
CM690 with 6 fans.
22" Dell -> (possibly a 2nd 15-18" for eclipse/sts console monitoring to avoid the madenning alt tabbing)
Need a heat sync for proc. I don't plan to do mad overclocking or some such and my place is a fairly dust free and cold but I think a modest 4ghz(which... i think is modest for 3570k those scary bastards). I used to run the e7300 at 3.4 or without much problems with the stock heat sync. So may be don't need it? Iono... need advice.

Usage is a ton of programming, get back into gaming(wow, diablo3 etc) and music.

@myth_ Pharoah this is what I suggest, sacrifice over-clocking and go for a better system from the get-go --

Intel Core i5 3550 ~13000/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3000/- (no point in going for super-expensive RAM kits performance will not be impacted) OR 4GB x4 ~5800/-
GIGABYTE GTX660 2GB ~15500/- OR wait till next year to get an AMD HD8*** series card after its release.

If you are adamant about over-clocking, then go for the following --
Intel Core i5 3570k ~15000/-
GIGABYTE-Z77X-UD3H ~13000/-
[rest components same as above]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any particular reason?

The gtx260 pulls most games at medium settings just fine and I don't particularly care about it to go higher than that. Again, any particular reason to get a new gpu? My main usage is processor intensive and not gpu intensive. Gpu is just a good to have.

Any particular reason?

The gtx260 pulls most games are medium settings just fine and I don't particularly care about it to go higher than that. Again, any particular get a new gpu? My main usage is processor intensive and not gpu intensive. Gpu is just a good to have.

Okay, it is your call whether you want to get a new GPU.

But I have the AMD equivalent of your card, the HD5770 and by the next crop of games it is going to be dead (Medium -->Low settings on sub 1080p resolution). So depending on your requirement you can get a new card later.

I almost missed, if you are going for that over-clock capable configuration, add the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO / T4. to your too buy list.

What hard-drive do you have as of now?

I have a 3. WD Caviar Blue 320gb and 500gb and a Caviar Green 1tb. Also a ext 1tb WD USB3.0.

Also forgot to mention earlier, Corsair 650TX.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO looks nice. Noted!

I have a 3. WD Caviar Blue 320gb and 500gb and a Caviar Green 1tb. Also a ext 1tb WD USB3.0.

Also forgot to mention earlier, Corsair 650TX.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO looks nice. Noted!

Good man, you are all kitted out then. No need to purchase anything but the cooler (if you are over-clocking).

Try to wait for any news of the Cooler Master Hyper T4. This one has a better mounting system than the Hyper 212 EVO and should be priced similarly.

Good man, you are all kitted out then. No need to purchase anything but the cooler (if you are over-clocking).

Try to wait for any news of the Cooler Master Hyper T4. This one has a better mounting system than the Hyper 212 EVO and should be priced similarly.

Thanks. :) Any advice for where to buy in Bangalore? New to the bloody city.

Thanks. :) Any advice for where to buy in Bangalore? New to the bloody city.

Well the heart of the computer-market is S.P. Road (close to Town Hall), best bet is to buy from there. If you want specific shop names following are a list I trust (OR used to frequent) --
  • Aashirwaad Computers
  • Golccha Inter-trade
  • Shweta Peripherals (ask for Mr. Gautum)

Back