PC Peripherals upgrading cabinet

asingh said:
You all ready saw the cabinet in blood and flesh..?

im only talking about the weird shape of the front panel :p

by the way i spoke to dtdc.
shipping is 50bucks per kg by surface.
100 for 1kg and 50 for every kilo onwards.

that will bring the shipping estimated by prime to half.

@madnav - Just a small tip for you and everyone else. A decent courier will charge you based on volumetric weight, not Gross Weight. this includes Trackon, DTDC, BlueDart, TNT etc. Volumetric weight for most is

LXBXH (in Cu.Ft) x A where A is the Cu.Ft to KG conversion. For DTDC and Trackon it is 6kg for 1 CuFt, and for Blue Dart and TNT, it is 10Kg for 1 Cu.Ft.

Do keep this in mind when u guys find out shipping quotes for anything bulky like a chassis.

PhOeNiX said:
@madnav - Just a small tip for you and everyone else. A decent courier will charge you based on volumetric weight, not Gross Weight. this includes Trackon, DTDC, BlueDart, TNT etc. Volumetric weight for most is
LXBXH (in Cu.Ft) x A where A is the Cu.Ft to KG conversion. For DTDC and Trackon it is 6kg for 1 CuFt, and for Blue Dart and TNT, it is 10Kg for 1 Cu.Ft.

Do keep this in mind when u guys find out shipping quotes for anything bulky like a chassis.

in that case the volumetric weight will go above 12kg... :S
so prime indeed would be offering a decent shipping price

Yep. The volumetric weight for a mid-tower is generally around 20Kgs. Gamma would be around 15Kgs or so (do keep in mind, the dimensions of the packaging matter, not of the cabinet).

PhOeNiX said:
Yep. The volumetric weight for a mid-tower is generally around 20Kgs. Gamma would be around 15Kgs or so (do keep in mind, the dimensions of the packaging matter, not of the cabinet).

yup i just calculated n told :p

12k via air and 15-16k via surface.

dimension of the cabby including the box

50cmx55cmx26cm

fyi... I checked out the cabby at prime last saturday and found the cabby same in size as the bijli (hence I did not upgrade)

so don't expect a bigger cabby ;)

edit: if u've gonna spend 6k then why not go for the CM690?? :S

neojjjk said:
so 2080 for gamma+650 shipping+ 5 fans (5 x 400 = 2.1k shipped )+ 6 filters = 1.2k shipped =

TOTAL = Rs 6k

err, the sole reason for this cabby is to have the features without having to spend on the crappy stock fans.

the fans bundled even with cm690 are not worth it imo...but that is just my opinion.

cm bundled fans cost 800 for the pack of 4fans.

the cappy has 2 filters already for intake...

only sidepanel intake comes without filters.

so that is 2 filters.

compare the cabby with cm elite series n not the higher priced..

@neville, the cabby 'feels of the same size due to not enough gap between the hdd tray and the board.

although the tray is low enough to not obstruct installation of gpu.

width wise there is 2cm extra gap between the ccf and the sidepanel... the side panel used to touch sccf in case of bijli.

both are mid towers, dont expect too much room compared to bijli.

this cabby is for budget buyers, for those who dream of a black coated cabby with bottom mounted psu :p

nothing extra ordinary if you compare with higher ones...

got it yesterday....superb packing by itdepot,,and very fast shipping too....
bijli temp--idle cpu- 38 c :NB-34 c
gamma temp-idle cpu-40c :NB 36c (due to lack of fans in side panel)
must buy 4 fans to fill side panel and top..

friends I am planning to buy 3 x Delta AFB1212HHE 120x38mm 120 CFM...and one 60cfm cm non led

planning to put two 120cfm models in side panel and one 120 cfm in rear part

also planning to put the stock rear fan to top and to add one 60 cfm fan in top panel

your suggestion? is this a good idea or bad ?

or can i fix 5 x cm 90 cfm fans in rear,side and top panel ?

holy cow.... ur cabby will fly off :D

jokes apart, it will be really noisy. Get Scyth Slip Stream 120mm 110 cfm rather than delta 120 cfm. chassis fan needs very less static pressure for the purpose, and the slipstream 1900 rpm 110 cfm one is almost 10 dB silent than delta 120 cfm ones.

You can also consider silverstone 110 cfm while fan.

both silverstone and scythe fans are sub 500 bucks.

dOm1naTOr said:
holy cow.... ur cabby will fly off :D

jokes apart, it will be really noisy. Get Scyth Slip Stream 120mm 110 cfm rather than delta 120 cfm. chassis fan needs very less static pressure for the purpose, and the slipstream 1900 rpm 110 cfm one is almost 10 dB silent than delta 120 cfm ones.

You can also consider silverstone 110 cfm while fan.

both silverstone and scythe fans are sub 500 bucks.

flying cabby :rofl:

found something about positive pressure in pc cases

SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd - Designing Inspiration

plans changed to 2 silverstone fans for side panel and for top 2 low cfm fans

please suggest me low cfm (50-60 max ) white colored fans

Back