Budget 0-20k upgrading computer in steps

I have been there is person, it is definitely not the best place to shop from but Computer Empire also puts up their rates and there also the prices (of the Core i3) were South of ~7000/- that is why I say it with absolute
conviction.

Even if you include taxes in the Cost2Cost prices it does not add up more than ~7000/-.

Well on flipkart.com the price of an i3 3220 - Rs 7100, though a local shops it can be found at ~6850
@ALPHA17 @vivek.krishnan

Alpha17 the stagger u mentioned is good. Well i have the following components. UPS(APC) , DVD writer/reader - Sony , Keyboard & Mouse - Logitech , Cabinet - Generic , PSU - Frontech(not sure about the wattage though) .
Can i do this -
STAGE 1 : Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD + Gigabyte B75M-D3H + Corsair CXV2430 - ~10,700
STAGE 2 : Core i3 3220 + Corsair Vengeance 4GB - ~8,600
STAGE 3 : GFX(please suggest some at ~7k

Please let me know what you think! Wishing everyone a very happy and prosperous new year 2013!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well on flipkart.com the price of an i3 3220 - Rs 7100, though a local shops it can be found at ~6850
@ALPHA17 @vivek.krishnan

Alpha17 the stagger u mentioned is good. Well i have the following components. UPS(APC) , DVD writer/reader - Sony , Keyboard & Mouse - Logitech , Cabinet - Generic , PSU - Frontech(not sure about the wattage though) .
Can i do this -
STAGE 1 : Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD + Gigabyte B75M-D3H + Corsair CXV2430 - ~10,700
STAGE 2 : Core i3 3220 + Corsair Vengeance 4GB - ~8,600
STAGE 3 : GFX(please suggest some at ~7k

Please let me know what you think! Wishing everyone a very happy and prosperous new year 2013!

Seems fair enough. Although if possible try to get the motherboard + processor together, slight alteration with the same in mind --
Phase I -- Seagate Barracuda 500GB hard-drive + Corsair Vengeance 2GB x2 (try to get two modules if possible for dual-channel advantage) + Corsair CX v2430W
Phase II -- Core i3 3220 + GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Phase III -- When you are about to purchase the card, bump this thread up and we will figure out the best contender.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Seems fair enough. Although if possible try to get the motherboard + processor together, slight alteration with the same in mind --
Phase I -- Seagate Barracuda 500GB hard-drive + Corsair Vengeance 2GB x2 (try to get two modules if possible for dual-channel advantage) + Corsair CX v2430W
Phase II -- Core i3 3220 + GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Phase III -- When you are about to purchase the card, bump this thread up and we will figure out the best contender.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Ummmmm, im not sure how the dual channel affects anything. Also, when i buy the gfx card il consult u :). Thank you for your assistance. Happy new year!! And yes i will buy the mobo and processor together

No point in getting the board first and then the proccy, get them together.

Also, try to get 2x4GB of RAM, you never know where its useful.

And finally, is Vengence that good? I was under the impression that Vengence and XMS3 gave almost similar performance, maybe with the Vengence pulling in 5% ahead at max.

No point in getting the board first and then the proccy, get them together.

Also, try to get 2x4GB of RAM, you never know where its useful.

And finally, is Vengence that good? I was under the impression that Vengence and XMS3 gave almost similar performance, maybe with the Vengence pulling in 5% ahead at max.

Dunno about that mate. Iv just heard about it from people. Im sure @ALPHA17 will be able to help you out with that. And sure, il try to get 2 4 GB sticks.. But it all depends upon availability of funds :yawn:(im a student :yahoo:).
Also, vengeance looks brilliant :)..
A very happy and prosperous new year to u :).

^^ I was under the impression it was the reverse. The XMS3 being the better piece of the two.

Anyway as OP is not over-clocking I doubt any noticeable differences will creep in.

^^ I was under the impression it was the reverse. The XMS3 being the better piece of the two.

Anyway as OP is not over-clocking I doubt any noticeable differences will creep in.

Exactly. I too have not heard good reviews of the Vengence.

OP, would suggest to go with XMS3. Not only will it have a lower profile, AFAIK, build quality too is better. Subject to your decision :p

Corsair XMS3 OR Gskill Ripjaws would be good enough for OP,No need to go for Vengeance.bazinga If you're very tight on budget then get a 4GB stick now and upgrade it later as you're going to buy components stage wise.

Back