Budget 41-50k Upgrading CPU+RAM+MOBO+SSD+Cabinet

Nial

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 45k+-5k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i7 3770k
    • Motherboard - Asus Maximus 5 formula
    • GPU - Zotac 1050ti
    • RAM - Gskill 2X4GB PC1600
    • Monitor - Dell S2240L
    • PSU - Corsair RM750x
    • Storage - Seagate 2TB HDD
    • Cooler- Corsair H100i water cooler
    • Cabinet- NZXT switch 810
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 2409
    • PSU - Corsair RM750x
    • GPU- Zotac 1050ti
    • Storage - Seagate 2TB HDD
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel or AMD 3600 or equivalent. (I do a lot of multitasking, generally 10-12 windows open etc etc with occasional casual gaming, videos etc)
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • Ram - 16gb (8x2)
    • Cabinet - Something a bit smaller than my current one but with good airflow etc (I run pc 8-14 hours a day).
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the GPU etc in coming years. Generally prefer future proof solution if possible.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kolkata
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Multitasking
    • Desktop Processing
    • Usage of 12-14 hours a day
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • I play all games that come but doesnt need to be in highest possible options etc. Usually play fine with medium graphics at 1080p.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No unless needed.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64bit
    • Linux - Ubuntu

Ok so my Mobo started acting up. And I think its time to upgrade. It lasted nearly 8 years. So looking to upgrade CPU+MOBO+Ram pronto. Also need to upgrade the cabinet. Current cabinet including peripherals weight 20kg+ (13kg cabinet alone), So looking for a bit smaller and less weight but no compromise on airflow and cooling etc.

Will prefer AMD Ryzen 3600 or equivalent intel setups as I want it to last atleast 5years or so. Warranty is+. Dont want to change SMPS, GPU, HDD atm, but open to adding SSD. I multitask a lot and usually play games etc at medium or high graphics. I used to generally play games while having 10-12 tabbed browser +1-2 software running background and alt tabbing if needed.

If anyone have more questions please ask, I will check the thread everyday.

Are you looking for performance upgrade or just upgrading the PC coz motherboard is not working fine.
Take a look at Gigabyte H61m-S and Crucial MX500 500gb. You can keep current CPU, RAM.
3770K is still a better than average CPU esp with SSD.

RAM - ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G Series 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3600MHz RGB RAM AX4U360038G18A-DT60 - ₹7,650
This is a CL-14 3600Mhz kit; probably the fastest you can get without overspending.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 - ₹20,000
Hands down the best CPU you can get. Going for an Intel build around this time when this processor is an option is simply a bad choice. The X and XT versions don't matter, memory matters more here.

Mobo - Gigabyte B550 Gaming X - ₹12,150
You can go with a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX as well, since Ryzen 5000 series will be the last gen. to support AM4 i.e. B550 motherboards probably. But 5000 series are a good upgrade as well.

I don't really know about cabinets.
You should consider upgrading your GPU as well. An RTX 2060 Super would be great.

Are you looking for performance upgrade or just upgrading the PC coz motherboard is not working fine.
Take a look at Gigabyte H61m-S and Crucial MX500 500gb. You can keep current CPU, RAM.
3770K is still a better than average CPU esp with SSD.
Performance upgrade. But I will also upgrade in future one part at a time if needed.

RAM - ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G Series 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3600MHz RGB RAM AX4U360038G18A-DT60 - ₹7,650
This is a CL-14 3600Mhz kit; probably the fastest you can get without overspending.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 - ₹20,000
Hands down the best CPU you can get. Going for an Intel build around this time when this processor is an option is simply a bad choice. The X and XT versions don't matter, memory matters more here.

Mobo - Gigabyte B550 Gaming X - ₹12,150
You can go with a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX as well, since Ryzen 5000 series will be the last gen. to support AM4 i.e. B550 motherboards probably. But 5000 series are a good upgrade as well.

I don't really know about cabinets.
You should consider upgrading your GPU as well. An RTX 2060 Super would be great.
Ty yeah. I these are good options. I i was hoping price would drop but no luck so far.

Back