Budget 0-20k Upgrading Sata SSD to NNMe

Fine until now
Though my sister got covid and is recovering from it, got lucky
Her entire family got infected via her hubby but recovered

I bought Intel 660p 1tb nvme ssd in October,2019 and its working great until now
I am using it as my primary and only drive

I think going with either of the drives is good
And going with Samsung 970 evo 250gb as primary drive is much better for you since you do a lot of online job works
Oh, me and my family too got infected but recovered which is good as now we have antibodies in our blood then the dead vaccine virus

I agree and was thinking the same to have fast/reliable SSD for primary drive that will only have Windows/Office/Browsers. Will go with Samsung now but for secondary drive is it worth extra 2k?

A drive for OS is needed? I like the idea too, mainly for the convenience if reinstalling Windows. But not sure if there's really any benefit to it. Can partition the 1TB for OS too if needed.
1tb NVMe + 1TB SATA SSD maybe?
Or just NVMe if storage is sufficient since you say it's for work and I'm assuming no games. Can save money too.
Edit: just read the games part, but can be installed on the OS drive too

Last edited:
At one point in time I had 11tb space and then realize that all this data is useless because 90% of the movies are just taking the space and I haven't had the time to watch them also the fact that now internet is so fast we don't really need to store that much data (200mbps connection)

Now I have
250 gb sata ssd (will sell after lockdown)
3tb WD purple and 2tb WD black (will sell both after lockdown)
2tb Seagate surveillance drive

Idea is to keep OS/Office/browsers in a separate drive which helps in reinstallation so the final capacity will be
250gb NVMe (OS/Office/browsers)
1tb NVMe (program files, installed games and softwares), Can also look for Sata ssd but now there is hardly any difference in price so no point going for them
2tb normal drive for storage (movies, TV series, Games ISO's etc...)

Since ssd is being discussed, I had one question. Is there any way to have multiple nvme ssd in one slot? I want to add an ssd but my existing m2 slot is already occupied.

Back