CPU/Mobo Upgrading the processor !

thawfu666

Adept
I've really no idea on how to do this ... I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz (Wolfdale) with 4GB DDR2 RAM ... I want to upgrade to a specific processor I have in mind ... Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz 10 MB Cache LGA 2011.Any body have any idea on how ? Please help me. I am new to this. I have 775 LGA Socket ... I have Intel DG41RQ ... And by the way, i am buying it in US ... (Amazon) ... PLS HELP

I've really no idea on how to do this ... I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz (Wolfdale) with 4GB DDR2 RAM ... I want to upgrade to a specific processor I have in mind ... Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz 10 MB Cache LGA 2011.Any body have any idea on how ? Please help me. I am new to this. I have 775 LGA Socket ... I have Intel DG41RQ ... And by the way, i am buying it in US ... (Amazon) ... PLS HELP

Okay a few tips before the advice -- Learn grammar, use punctuations properly and don't act desperate, that does not solve your problem and doesn't help us.

Here is your answer, you will have to upgrade RAM + motherboard as your current system is incompatible with the processor you plan to purchase.

What is your budget and rest of the configuration?

For further advice please put your needs in the following template --> http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/template-what-should-i-buy-73107/p2/#post839513, fill it with your details and then post it here.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 0-20K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
    • Motherboard - Intel DG41RQ (G41 chipset)
    • GPU - NviDia 9400 GT
    • RAM - 2x2GB DDR2
    • Monitor - Acer V193HQ
    • SMPS - (I don't know)
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Acer V193HQ
    • SMPS - (I don't know)
    • GPU - NvIda 9400 GT
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz 10 MB Cache LGA 2011
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

• RAM - 2x4GB 1600MHz (Any brand)
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This is going to be my final configuration. Won't change for 3 years.
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • US (Amazon)
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Any brand is Okay !
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Adventure - GTA V (When it releases) in High settings
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

- - - Updated - - -

And I am sorry about being desperate ! :D :D

- - - Updated - - -

It would be better if u just give me the link for any compatible motherboards and RAM for the given Processor !!! :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is this motherboard compatible ?
Intel LGA2011 X79 DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 Sli

@thawfu666 is your budget seriously only ~20000/- because the price of the processor is around that + motherboard also costs around the same. So you are going to need ~45000/- for minimum and extra for RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ! Then I am afraid I have to drop it out ... :( Max. is only 30k and not more than that ... :) Thank you for your help ! :) I appreciate it ... :) :)

@ OP -

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• Adventure - GTA V (When it releases) in High settings
  • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  • CPU - Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz 10 MB Cache LGA 2011
  • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
  • RAM - 2x4GB 1600MHz (Any brand)
Well.. u need a budget of 800-1000$ for all these things.. And don't expect that your GPU - NvIda 9400 GT will be able to run games like GTA V (if n only IF, it comes to PC).
So, either you die a hero or live long enough to see your self become the villain...
:p lol !!
I mean either you raise your budget or don't dream of having a such big PC. :p

by the way.. you can jump to i3 / i5 within this budget... but I would suggest you save up and own a better one if you really are looking to play big game titles.

Oh ! Then I am afraid I have to drop it out ... :( Max. is only 30k and not more than that ... :) Thank you for your help ! :) I appreciate it ... :) :)

So what is the purpose of the build and do you plan to upgrade immediately OR to save up?

You will need a Core i5 and HD78** series graphic card if you want to run GTA V on medium -->high settings.

Well.. u need a budget of 800-1000$ for all these things.. And don't expect that your GPU - NvIda 9400 GT will be able to run games like GTA V (if n only IF, it comes to PC).
So, either you die a hero or live long enough to see your self become the villain...
:p lol !!
I mean either you raise your budget or don't dream of having a such big PC.

How does that even relate? Spewing random English lines isn't cool and is counter-intuitive to the point.

And GTA V is coming to the PC confirmed http://www.geek.com/articles/games/amazon-france-lists-gta-v-for-pc-20130121/.

Back