UPS for a Gaming Rig

sriharsha

Disciple
Dear All,

Happy Diwali!!

Thank you all, I bought GTX 970 on the other day!. Will try out the games.

Thanks to our Karnataka Govt's "Kathle Bhagya" power interruptions have grown too much in Mysuru.

Please suggest me, which UPS should I have choose for? Here is my rig:

Monitor: 24' Sony LED.
Proccy: 15-4440
Ram: 8 GB
GPU: Gtx 970
HDD: 1TB + 128gb SSD

If I can get a 10 - 15 min back up to shut it down properly, It's great!.

I have no idea how much the budget I should be looking at.

Thank you in advance for suggesting!

FTW TE!!

namaskara guru... lol @ Kathle Bhagya :p
like you I too have been a victim of repeated power cuts in namma Bangalore, I went for an APC 800VA
retails at around 4k exclv tax! can you tell me what PSU you have? If you can extend your budget then go for APC 1KVA! future proof!

Dont go for APC. Its crap. May be you too will have to replace your ups n. of times within warranty period.
Their BR series is faulty and crap unless you are gonna buy their BR touch series which is robust. But it will cost you 11k+.

go with a desi brand. it seems the others aren't able to handle the mad voltage fluctuations we have here.
i have an iball 1080v ups and i can watch videos on backup for just under an hour. cost 4.8k

I have used the one bssunilreddy recommended. It is an awesome UPS, had no issues for 5 years. After 5 years battery gave out, which is normal. It gave sold 20 mins of power backup for my 850W PSU. After that i switched to the latest APC 1KVA which is also running well.

namaskara guru... lol @ Kathle Bhagya :p
like you I too have been a victim of repeated power cuts in namma Bangalore, I went for an APC 800VA
retails at around 4k exclv tax! can you tell me what PSU you have? If you can extend your budget then go for APC 1KVA! future proof!
Namaskara gurugalle,
:D Yeah... Kathle bhagya...

Currently i m using seasonic 620W. Thats what, I had no idea at all regarding the budget... :)

Sorry for the late reply, I was working at full day shift last day.

Thanks anna!.[DOUBLEPOST=1447217265][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dont go for APC. Its crap. May be you too will have to replace your ups n. of times within warranty period.
Their BR series is faulty and crap unless you are gonna buy their BR touch series which is robust. But it will cost you 11k+.

11K?? I might aswell go to the Home UPS system then... Sorry Sir, I can not dish out that much. Some where 3K is a huge thing for me at the moment...

Thanks for warning me though.

Greetings :)[DOUBLEPOST=1447217365][/DOUBLEPOST]
go with a desi brand. it seems the others aren't able to handle the mad voltage fluctuations we have here.
i have an iball 1080v ups and i can watch videos on backup for just under an hour. cost 4.8k

Thank you Sire, you may have a cookie :) . How is Iball's service? and what are the points I should be evaluating before purchasing the UPS?[DOUBLEPOST=1447217473][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have used the one bssunilreddy recommended. It is an awesome UPS, had no issues for 5 years. After 5 years battery gave out, which is normal. It gave sold 20 mins of power backup for my 850W PSU. After that i switched to the latest APC 1KVA which is also running well.

It sure looks good. But I am afraid that I may not be able to pay that much currently. Any other suggestions? Greetings :)

Last edited:
Go for the APC BR1500 instead of the APC BR1100 as the 1500 one can take more load and will suffice I think 845 watts of load it can take..
I am too using the 1500 one for the last 4 years and it works like a charm.
After 4 years now looks like the battery needs to be replaced.
It will automatically shutdown your system gracefully once there is a power cut.You can set whatever time you wnt from the
apc software.
I would suggest go for it eyes closed.
I am very satisfied with the product,
I bought it for around 11k i think.

Go for the APC BR1500 instead of the APC BR1100 as the 1500 one can take more load and will suffice I think 845 watts of load it can take..
I am too using the 1500 one for the last 4 years and it works like a charm.
After 4 years now looks like the battery needs to be replaced.
It will automatically shutdown your system gracefully once there is a power cut.You can set whatever time you wnt from the
apc software.
I would suggest go for it eyes closed.
I am very satisfied with the product,
I bought it for around 11k i think.
Dear Dilpreet, thanks for the suggestion. I am really afraid that I might not be able to spend that much :(
Are there any options within 3K?
Regards

I am sure there would be options available but then they would be local made and secondly they would require manual intervention to power off the PC when there is a power cut which i dont think would be an issue.
Secondly you will be saving around 8k as well.
A home ups setup would be a better solution.
The only thing you need to be sure is that whatever ups you buy should be able to take all the load of your pc.so before you but make sure that you have a fair idea as to how much power you pc consumes at max with all the components workso that you can compare it and then buy.
The reason i mentioned this is beacuse initially i bought the APC1100 unit which went kaput the very first day when there was a power cut because the my pc was consuming more power than what the ups could provide as a backup.After that i replaced it with the APC1500 which had enough juice to support my system

Apc br1500 crap material. Only 1 of 10 people are satisfied with it or haven't faced any issues.
Anyways op is looking within 3k and local made ones are really good for Indian conditions. They can handle fluctuations as disastrous as between 100v - 300v.

Apc br1500 crap material. Only 1 of 10 people are satisfied with it or haven't faced any issues.
Anyways op is looking within 3k and local made ones are really good for Indian conditions. They can handle fluctuations as disastrous as between 100v - 300v.
Thank you Sir, I will look into the possibilities. Many thanks. :)

Back