PC Peripherals UPS for someone who hates APC

Having said that I think I'm just going to get new set of batteries this time and postpon the decision to 2025.
Update. This is what I did. Got a fresh set of Exide to replace the old set of Exide.

This time I have kept the UPS on its side and that'll result in batteries staying upright. I'm going to make my UPS even more holy for better ventilation. It's going to be ... Saint APC.

sorry to hijack this thread but planning on getting CyberPower UT2200E 2200VA, is it a good buy? i need it for my gaming computer which uses corsair hx 1200w PSU. just need it to sustain between main and gen switch which takes around 20-30sec

sorry to hijack this thread but planning on getting CyberPower UT2200E 2200VA, is it a good buy? i need it for my gaming computer which uses corsair hx 1200w PSU. just need it to sustain between main and gen switch which takes around 20-30sec
It's a pretty old model. You may want to check on CyberPower after sales support.
I am using one since many years. I got one battery change done post warranty ended. The best thing is that it supports setting up a UPS monitoring software.

Cyberpowers are good but sadly their models are too limited in availability in India. Their UK models are top notch and plenty.

I remember seeing some APC models that had open standards for communication with the UPS. Now, none of them seem to be available in India.
A good starting point if you want to buy a UPS with some sort of software support would be to check this list:

Sadly, most of the models are either imported (really expensive) or just not sold/available here. If you find any, do tell me too! :)

After my last APC conked off I went with Numeric. Same performance for much lesser price and has onsite warranty too. Have to change battery every two years, which can be done at any Inverter sales shop.

I remember seeing some APC models that had open standards for communication with the UPS. Now, none of them seem to be available in India.
A good starting point if you want to buy a UPS with some sort of software support would be to check this list:

Sadly, most of the models are either imported (really expensive) or just not sold/available here. If you find any, do tell me too! :)
Their BRxxxxG-IN series of UPS support usbhid power device class, and work fine with apcupsd. I assume they'll work gine with NUT as well, and I do see one user submitted device, BR800 in NUT website. Also iirc acpupsd has a nut server built in. I am using one with my server, running unraid, connected over USB, and I get full functionality.

got the CyberPower UT2200E 2200VA and its been good so far, haven't really tested the backup minutes since I just need to keep my system up until the gen set kicks in which is about 30-40seconds

I am using UPS of 1000VA from EATON. Good brand from power infra side. Their service partner is top notch - came from 200kms to stop annoying beep when connected with low powered devices like router. It's been 2.5 years, going strong.

Guys can anyone please explain a specific use of UPS other than a backup power .

Cause i just got annoyed with the battery replacement and bought a Microtek 1100Va sinewave inverter and use it on UPS mode .

(What i want to ask is will using inverter insted of UPS will damage my pc or its fine )

Cause i just got annoyed with the battery replacement and bought a Microtek 1100Va sinewave inverter and use it on UPS mode .

(What i want to ask is will using inverter insted of UPS will damage my pc or its fine )
Yes. You are fine. Indians should technically invest in inverters more than UPS.

Last edited:
So I was looking up Luminous UPS' and I couldn't find them on their website. I can only find them on the Schneider Electric eshop - are Luminous' line interactive UPS products a part of Schneider?

Last edited:
I see.
Do the basic UPS models have a function to stop the beeping when they're on battery? I don't need monitoring or shut down etc., I only need a basic one to last 10-15 seconds until the genset kicks in, but the beeping will be annoying.

Back