PC Peripherals UPS Suggestion

Pl see my rig in the siggy below.
Now i am using APC 650UPS without any problem.
Back up time needed only for shutdown the system safely.
Is it enough for my rig?(I have GTX 470 GPU)
Pl give ur suggestions.
Is it necessary to upgrade my UPS now?

Why don't you test it and post back instead? You have the UPS and the system in place. All it takes is to switch off the power to the UPS and see if it gives you sufficient backup without the overload light blinking so you may shut down the PC. If the overload warning turns up, you may have to switch to a 800VA/1100VA UPS.

Gannu : Now the UPS gives sufficient backup time to shutdown the PC.

Three days back one of my HDD (160GB) gone kaput.This is the reason for opening this thread.

@Dare Devil

What is the load the powerchute software is showing you when you're gaming?

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm one of those poor sufferers of the most pathetic UPS in the world, the HP 800VA.

I'm looking to buy a new one and was thinking of APC 800VA or 1100VA without software. I was checking their website and the rated runtime for 800VA at 200W load (which would be typical for my system, in sig) is around 26 mins and for 1100VA it is 24 mins. How is that? :S Does the 1.1KVA come with a lower capacity battery?

Runtime Chart for Back-UPS RS

Both are almost of the same cost around 5.2k. If both give identical backups for typical load, 800VA would make more sense since the powerchute software is pretty cool.

What's the exact difference between these 2 models? Please suggest.

^^
Ok, then even 800VA is good enough for you but it's always good to go for slightly higher one for supporting future upgrades. I'll probably be buying the APC 800VA soon.

Just purchased the APC 1000VA. Looks good so far. 800VA isn't available easily.

There is a fairly loud humming sound from the VX450 when it is on battery. I guess it is nothing to worry about as posted by others before and confirmed by Corsair too, but it looks scary though.

arun687 said:
Just purchased the APC 1000VA. Looks good so far. 800VA isn't available easily.

There is a fairly loud humming sound from the VX450 when it is on battery. I guess it is nothing to worry about as posted by others before and confirmed by Corsair too, but it looks scary though.
for how much did ya get it ??

strategy said:
how loud is it ....?
...call customercare and ask them how loud it should be ....its better to be on the safe side
It is audible but not too loud, like how the fans sound when they run on inverter power. It can be clearly heard from 3 feet distance.

abhifusion said:
for how much did ya get it ??
Got it for 6.5k all inclusive.

I have the same ****ed up APC 1000VA(it was replaced like 11 times in warranty) and i can confirm the humming noise---its not a problem and it wont harm u r components in any way.

sam000 said:
I have the same ****ed up APC 1000VA(it was replaced like 11 times in warranty) and i can confirm the humming noise---its not a problem and it wont harm u r components in any way.
Thanks for the confirmation. So I guess it is ok. But 11 times? :(:no:

Back