Budget 71-90K URGENT Help needed for buying a Convertible Touchscreen Laptop for 70-80k, please guide

alpha5555

Disciple
Budget - Rs 70-80k, can go slightly higher if needed

Size - 13-14'' screen, neither too big, nor too small

Weight - not more then 1.5 Kg

Screen resolution - 1920 x 1080p (Full HD)

Battery back up - minimum 5-7hrs, the more the better

Brands -
a. Like: HP, Lenovo
b. Dislike: Dell, Sony
but there is nothing strict in this regards, can buy any brand if that is offering the best value for money.

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
This laptop will be used for normal Microsoft Office type of application usage and web browsing and attending online training classes, watching video tutorials and making video calls.

This will never be used for any type of VIDEO GAMES or heavy duty video editing work etc. of any type. So please do not make suggestions which are suitable for a gaming laptop, that is not my requirement.

Any other considerations?

The Webcam should be of good quality, because this laptop will be used for conference calls etc.

If the Stylus Pen is included in the pack, that would be great, otherwise please suggest which Stylus Pen to buy which will work fine for a student for taking notes etc.

RAM should be minimum 8GB but would prefer 16 GB to be on the safer side.
Hard Drive should be SSD NVMe of at least 512 GB, if 1 TB in good price, then that would be preferred.

Warranty - The brand should give good onsite warranty for 1 year. Would prefer to take extended warranty during the laptop buying itself, if some good offers are available.

Buying preference - Would prefer to buy locally in Chandigarh, North India, if there is no huge difference in the prices available online. But if there is good difference, then willing to buy online as well.

Have to buy this within this week itself. But if something very important is about to happen in a few months, then can somehow arrange some laptop from a friend for 2-3 months and wait for the best deal. I am saying this because some friend has told that the Intel 12th generation CPU are much better then 11th generation ones, and they will start shipping very soon in India. So I am really confused, if I should be waiting for them, or if I should just go ahead and buy the ones which are currently available at good price points. Please guide in this regards as well, to wait for 12th generation ones or not.

If any more points needs to be known, then kindly ask here and I will be happy to provide any more details that are needed.

Please guide me to buy the best laptop according to the above specifications. It is a big investment for me and I would like to use it for a few years going ahead. So I want to buy the best possible laptop in my budget range.

Thanks a lot for providing any suggestions and guidance.

Best Regards

Here are a few options

Here are a few options
None of these seem to have touchscreens.

Here are a few options
Thank you so much for your suggestions.

None of these seem to have touchscreens.
Yes, but as I spend more time on researching the touchscreen laptops, I am already starting have the doubts, whether it is better to buy a laptop with touchscreen or instead I should buy a normal laptop and a separate tablet, because both the options will almost cost similar amount.

I will share more details about this in some time, currently going through various options for the tablets first.

I have been told that the Intel 12th generation CPU are much better then the previous 11th generation and they beat the AMD Ryzon CPU range in the comparative price range. I am not totally sure about this though.

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Yes, but as I spend more time on researching the touchscreen laptops, I am already starting have the doubts, whether it is better to buy a laptop with touchscreen or instead I should buy a normal laptop and a separate tablet, because both the options will almost cost similar amount.

I will share more details about this in some time, currently going through various options for the tablets first.

I have been told that the Intel 12th generation CPU are much better then the previous 11th generation and they beat the AMD Ryzon CPU range in the comparative price range. I am not totally sure about this though.
Yes intel gives more performance right now at the cost of battery however, personally would suggest keep the tablet and laptop element separate. As for buying the latest and greatest, it not here yet, I mean it is. But not widely available at these prices. Would suggest getting what you need as new things keep on coming in.

as I spend more time on researching the touchscreen laptops, I am already starting have the doubts, whether it is better to buy a laptop with touchscreen or instead I should buy a normal laptop and a separate tablet, because both the options will almost cost similar amount.
Why do you need a touchscreen on the laptop ?

Touchscreen reduces battery life compared to no touchscreen. If you have a mouse and work on a table that will be good enough.

The models that have what you want are the Spectre line from HP but they are above your budget

Yes intel gives more performance right now at the cost of battery however, personally would suggest keep the tablet and laptop element separate. As for buying the latest and greatest, it not here yet, I mean it is. But not widely available at these prices. Would suggest getting what you need as new things keep on coming in.
Yes, I will try to keep the tablet and laptop element separate now, that makes most sense.

Any idea when the Intel 12th generation CPU based laptops will become easily available in India for the brands like Lenovo etc.?

Why do you need a touchscreen on the laptop ?

Touchscreen reduces battery life compared to no touchscreen. If you have a mouse and work on a table that will be good enough.

The models that have what you want are the Spectre line from HP but they are above your budget
I realized this myself as well. Touchscreen on laptop is not a good idea for most of us.

I am thinking about buying a good laptop from Lenovo and then buying an additional tablet like the -

Xiaomi Pad 5​

This seems to have real good reviews and overall the best android tablet in under 30k price range. Does anyone here have any idea about this tablet?

Thanks and regards

Used it in store, its a generic tablet android tablet good but not great, would really recommend you go for an iPad instead if you're spending Rs. 27000 as you'll find all applications actually optimized for a bigger/touch screen. @alpha5555
As far as laptop goes what have you decided on?

Used it in store, its a generic tablet android tablet good but not great, would really recommend you go for an iPad instead if you're spending Rs. 27000 as you'll find all applications actually optimized for a bigger/touch screen. @alpha5555
As far as laptop goes what have you decided on?

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the Tablet.

Regarding the Laptop, the final decision is stuck, because not being able to decide on the CPU yet.

I got busy with some family work for a few days, so this remained pending. After going through the suggestions from all you friends here, I have this final requirement now, as I am no longer looking to buy the touchscreen laptop. Here are the complete specs -

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 CPU
RAM - 16 GB RAM
Hard Drive - 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Screen Size - 13 to 14 inches
Weight - not more then 2 Kg
Operating System - DOS "as I want to save money on the OS"
Budget - around Rs 60,000 for this laptop "because I have to buy an extra tablet as well, which will easily cost around 30-35k separately"

I have to buy LENOVO Laptop only, no other brands.

When I posted my above requirements to Lenovo Support Staff, they sent back the following link to me -

Can you guys please help me to make the final decision. Which exact Lenovo Laptop will suite my above requirements? Any suggestions in this regards? I am tagging a few knowledgeable friends here who have been helping others recently in choosing proper laptops, hopefully you guys will not mind this - @OMEGA44-XT @Sammoka , @blr_p , @v1rat @Kaleen Bhaiya @frozenscotch

Any help is welcome. Best Regards.

I got busy with some family work for a few days, so this remained pending. After going through the suggestions from all you friends here, I have this final requirement now, as I am no longer looking to buy the touchscreen laptop. Here are the complete specs -

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 CPU
RAM - 16 GB RAM
Hard Drive - 1 TB SSD Hard Drive
Screen Size - 13 to 14 inches
Weight - not more then 2 Kg
Operating System - DOS "as I want to save money on the OS"
Budget - around Rs 60,000 for this laptop "because I have to buy an extra tablet as well, which will easily cost around 30-35k separately"

I have to buy LENOVO Laptop only, no other brands.

When I posted my above requirements to Lenovo Support Staff, they sent back the following link to me -

Can you guys please help me to make the final decision. Which exact Lenovo Laptop will suite my above requirements? Any suggestions in this regards? I am tagging a few knowledgeable friends here who have been helping others recently in choosing proper laptops, hopefully you guys will not mind this - @OMEGA44-XT @Sammoka , @blr_p , @v1rat @Kaleen Bhaiya @frozenscotch

Any help is welcome. Best Regards.
Here is one configuration that works out to ~75k

Does not save the configuration so that link above is no good

16GB RAM (Can't tell if its soldered on but it would be good to keep options to go to 32GB in the future if possible)
IPS screen (last option with 100% sRGB)
512GB HD, (there is no 1TB option for primary drive only secondary. Do you really need 1TB ?)
DOS (since you don't want any higher) Do you have a copy of windows to use ?

Last edited:
Here is one configuration that works out to ~75k

Does not save the configuration so that link above is no good

16GB RAM (Can't tell if its soldered on but it would be good to keep options to go to 32GB in the future if possible)
IPS screen (last option with 100% sRGB)
512GB HD, (there is no 1TB option for primary drive only secondary. Do you really need 1TB ?)
DOS (since you don't want any higher) Do you have a copy of windows to use ?

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I used the link shared by you and changed some configuration like this -

Total Memory is 16 GB -
8 GB DDR4-3200MHz (Soldered) + 8 GB DDR4-3200MHz (SODIMM)
therefor it cannot be increased to 32 GB in the future.

Regarding SSD there is an option to have NO SSD at all as well, if I select that option then I will save overall 8700, which they are charging for their 512 GB SSD. I am thinking about buying a 1 TB SSD myself and then installing that into this laptop, which will save me money.

DOS - because one of my friends have said that he will arrange Windows Key in very less cost.

Regarding the IPS Screen, there are these 3 options to choose from -

This is included and costs nothing extra
35.56cms (14.0) FHD (1920x1080) TN 250nits Anti-glare Narrow Bezel 45% NTSC without Glass Non-Touch

+ Rs 1400
35.56cms (14.0) FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Anti-glare Narrow Bezel 45% NTSC Non-Touch 60Hz

+ Rs 3200
35.56cms (14.0) FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Anti-glare Non-Touch Narrow 100% sRGB

I have absolutely zero knowledge about the differences in these 3 screen types given above.
Do you think it will be wise to spend Rs 3200 extra and go for the last option? What exactly it has which is not available in the other two options and will that make any real difference in terms of good visuals and eye health protection etc.? Kindly guide.

Other then this, I am thinking about taking the 2 year additional accidental damage protection warranty from Lenovo, which will cost Rs 2999 extra I guess, I will need to esquire more about this.

Once again, thanks a lot for the help provided by you guys here.

Best Regards

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I used the link shared by you and changed some configuration like this -

Total Memory is 16 GB -
8 GB DDR4-3200MHz (Soldered) + 8 GB DDR4-3200MHz (SODIMM)
therefor it cannot be increased to 32 GB in the future.
I think 16GB should be good enough for your intended use.

Regarding SSD there is an option to have NO SSD at all as well, if I select that option then I will save overall 8700, which they are charging for their 512 GB SSD. I am thinking about buying a 1 TB SSD myself and then installing that into this laptop, which will save me money.
Which 1TB are you thinking of getting ?

Other then this, I am thinking about taking the 2 year additional accidental damage protection warranty from Lenovo, which will cost Rs 2999 extra I guess, I will need to esquire more about this.
Any lenovo store near you so you can see the screens. That's the only way to know which you prefer.

But TN has less glare or does not pick up as much as IPS. IPS does colours better especially the 100% sRGB one which helps with photos compared to TN.

IPS is non touch so less battery consumed. Most screens these days are IPS. TN is old tech. Fine for text or coding but pictures will be less detailed.

500 nits is not too bright but if you do not use it outdoors or in very bright areas then it should be ok.

Dear friends, - " specially @OMEGA44-XT @Sammoka , @blr_p , @v1rat @Kaleen Bhaiya @frozenscotch " thank you so much for providing the valuable guidance during this process of buying the laptop. I have purchased it offline from Lenovo Store. The exact model is this -

Series IdeaPad 5 15ITL05, Part Number : 82FG01B3IN
At that time it was listed on Amazon @ Rs 64,990 but I got it much cheaper offline.

I paid 59,000 for the laptop and 2999 for taking the complete 3 year Accidental Damage Warranty
and I also got 5000 Cash Back Discount Offer on SBI Credit Card, therefor it costed me just 57000 net and I am tension free for the next 3 years.

All details of this particular model are given on Laptop Website at the following link -

Intel Core i5-1135G7 (4C / 8T, 2.4 / 4.2GHz, 8MB)
16GB Soldered DDR4-3200
512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0x4 NVMe
15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Anti-glare, 45% NTSC
Aluminium (Top), PC + ABS (Bottom)
Around 1.66 kg (3.66 lbs)
Windows 11 Home 64, English
Office Home and Student 2021

I am very happy with this so far, no problems of any kind at all.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Back