Camera urgent help needed for Camera <= 10k with rechargeable battery.

mojo

Adept
Hello Friends,

I am looking for a digital camera under 10k. It should have a rechargeable battery and not AA operated one.
The camera would be used by my family who are not professionals in photography. So, I want the best quality camera in my budget. Please help.

Right now i'm not having any cameras in mind.
Coming to brand Canon and nikon will be the better options i think.
But all suggestions are most welcome. Will buy any other brand also if it fits my requirement[DOUBLEPOST=1369745781][/DOUBLEPOST]NO replies??????
Are we alive?????
OK, i will also consider the AA operated ones.
But can anyone explain the pros and cons of having AA operated over the Li-ion operated camera?

Thank you guys. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1370065335][/DOUBLEPOST]Which one is better?
Panasonic LZ20
Nikon S6300
Canon PowerShot SX160 IS

I tried the nikon s6500, and it was good.

I am confused between the nikon s6500 v/s fujifilm F660 and/or Panasonic lumix LZ20 v/s fujifilm S6800

The fujifilm cams on paper seem like beasts as compared to competition, and so are they highly recommended by dealers at VT. Just wanted to know what everyone thinks of them??

^^ There is no better sensor. It depends on the implementation. Cmos sensors generally consume less power and current implementations have shown to give better high ISO performance.

However all medium format cameras have CCD based sensors.

Thank you guys. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1370065335][/DOUBLEPOST]Which one is better?
Panasonic LZ20
Nikon S6300
Canon PowerShot SX160 IS
LZ20 is a pretty good camera in terms of image quality, has nice zoom and the option for manual controls, BUT its pretty bulky and takes 4 AA batteries. I don't think its very suitable for parents. Get the canon, its slim and has good image quality.

Actually thinking to buy Nikon S6500.
Just waiting for more replies which can support AA battery operated. I personally liked the SX160.
But i'm not going to use the camera. My family will. So more inclined towards an inbuilt battery operated camera.
@sandeepsachin --> any inputs?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are inclined towards the nikon 6500 because of the 12x optical zoom lens , there are many cameras available for less with this amount of zoom.
of the three you have mentioned, the canon seems to be the sensible choice.
unless you try each one out at a store, it would be tough to decide. all of them have great image quality

sx 160 is not as compact as the 6500 .

Yes buddy.
But i want to go for an inbuilt battery one. Because my family members will be using it.
Any other option in that category?

the fujifilm f660 kinda destroys the nikon s6500. I tried both and the difference was quiet evident. Saying that, the 660 fuji is around 4k more expensive. The panasonic lz20 doesnt even come close.

Yes buddy.
But i want to go for an inbuilt battery one. Because my family members will be using it.
Any other option in that category?

Back