URGENT: Need an app to cut small parts of a video

Hi,

I need a software that'll help me cut small parts of a video file and create a new video file of that small part.

I want to insert that small part into my Powerpoint presentation. Which format would be best? And does Powerpoint play the video in the slideshow smoohtly?

Please, THIS IS URGENT. I have a competition coming up in a few hours and my winning or losing could depend on this.

PLEASE HELP!

A lot would depend on the computer playing the presentation..video may stutter, a/v sync issues etc..If ur taking ur laptop then its ok, most schools have ancient slow pc's..

Better way would be to change the video to .gif if its a few seconds only..

i think .wmv should do if u want to insert the video, most windows pc's would play it..

Else, use pics from the video by taking screenshots..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Whats the format of the video u have?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

tried this? Free Video Cutter

Yup! If you are just interested in cutting a part of video then why not use Windows Movie Maker? You can even do some minor video editing and make it more attractive, which can be of additional benefit for your competition.

Secondly, as suggested by Party Monger, if you want to use just 5-10 sec of a video better convert it to .gif format.

lazygarfield said:
Hi,

I need a software that'll help me cut small parts of a video file and create a new video file of that small part.

There are loads of them. Use google.
I want to insert that small part into my Powerpoint presentation. Which format would be best? And does Powerpoint play the video in the slideshow smoohtly?
wmv format works flawlssly in a powerpoint presentation
and as pointed out by various other members Windows Movie Maker does all..
Please, THIS IS URGENT. I have a competition coming up in a few hours and my winning or losing could depend on this.

All the very best for the competition

Anilreddyv99 said:
at the same time i also need audio cutter software.
format factory and audecity are really good choice ... free video converter can do it as well along with super video converter ..... anyway u dont need these all just get first 3 and select according to your need .... if wonna add effects then go with audecity

Back