[URGENT] Need your suggestion for a 2 Ton Split Inverter AC 2022

astroboy89

Recruit
Hello everyone,

I live in Kolkata. I am currently using a 2 ton Panasonic Inverter AC I bought back in 2016 (When Inverter tech was quite new).

I have been mostly happy with my AC as it usually cooled at 24. But due to the very thinly spaced evaporator fins, it accumulated a lot of dust and grime even though it helped in better cooling. Due to this my AC had to be cleaned vigorously twice or thrice a year, as my house is on the main road. Many unqualified quacks tried multiple things and this resulted in weakening of the fins (which I suspect is made of aluminium). They have become bent and is not taking up hot air from the room, resulting in blockage, even though its cleaned multiple times. I also believe that the repeated indiscriminate use of the current jet cleaning also compounded the bent fin problem.

Now my AC indoor unit coil is freezing up due to this artificial blockage caused by bent fins.

I now immediately have to buy a new split inverter AC as I work from home and the weather in Kolkata is hot and humid. I use it 3-4 hours in the afternoon and 10 hours at night. My room is ~250 sq ft with east facing walls and at 1st Floor.

So here are my requirements:

1. 2 Ton Split Inverter AC
  2. Well spaced and strong fins which can resist jet servicing (Panasonic has the narrowest spacing based on my conversations with multiple technicians, so Panasonic is off my list)
  3. Good long-term cooling
  4. Auto SWING (both horizontal and vertical)
  5. Good Energy Efficiency (Min 3 Star)
  6. Good after sales service.
Very few companies focus on the 2 Ton segment.

I had narrowed down to two companies: LG and Carrier.

LG: Dual inverter, Ocean Black Fin, Good after sale service

Carrier: Very good cooling (based on online reviews), Energy efficient, after sales dicey, NO auto horizontal swing.

Can you please suggest me the best 2 Ton AC among these two with the specific model number considering my requirements? Am also open to suggestions from other companies if they match my needs.

If you know any Carrier ACs current models which have both horizontal and vertical AUTO swing, do let me know.

My max budget is 55k. I will buy it offline for better discounts (online optional)

Last edited:
samsung as they give more better service but you need to check it with the local team. then comes bluestar. then lg or any other band.

I'd say stay away from Bluestar, based on my xp in Delhi. They have incompetent service vendors, at least here, that are incapable of getting scheduling right for a service call. And I've had service calls cancelled around 15 times. They only showed up once.

I'd say stay away from Bluestar, based on my xp in Delhi. They have incompetent service vendors, at least here, that are incapable of getting scheduling right for a service call. And I've had service calls cancelled around 15 times. They only showed up once.
My experience is completely opposite. I also live in Delhi and I have 2 units of window AC from Bluestar. My experience has been nothing short of delightful.
Installations on time and serviced twice on time.

Had a manufacturing defect with 2nd unit since day of installation, complained and the next day guys show up and fix the issue. The service time and response time has been very fast like in a day or two max.
Both units were purchased a year apart in 2020 and 2021.

I have been mostly happy with my AC as it usually cooled at 24. But due to the very thinly spaced evaporator fins, it accumulated a lot of dust and grime even though it helped in better cooling. Due to this my AC had to be cleaned vigorously twice or thrice a year, as my house is on the main road. Many unqualified quacks tried multiple things and this resulted in weakening of the fins (which I suspect is made of aluminium). They have become bent and is not taking up hot air from the room, resulting in blockage, even though its cleaned multiple times. I also believe that the repeated indiscriminate use of the current jet cleaning also compounded the bent fin problem.

Now my AC indoor unit coil is freezing up due to this artificial blockage caused by bent fins.
Are the fins bent on the outdoor unit or indoor unit?

1. Well spaced and strong fins which can resist jet servicing (Panasonic has the narrowest spacing based on my conversations with multiple technicians, so Panasonic is off my list)
And what did those technicians recommend instead? otherwise, you will have to check this in a shop
  1. Good long-term cooling
  2. Auto SWING (both horizontal and vertical)
  3. Good Energy Efficiency (Min 3 Star)
You will get this with any AC if you maintain it correctly.

- clean the filters on the indoor unit every month
- Secondly, wash the outdoor condenser coil with plain water every year
- and lastly, clean the indoor units coil every 3 years (you will need to call the service personnel to do this)

You can check out Hitachi , they use 100% Copper , I am also from Kolkata , My Neighbour uses a Hitachi 2 Ton 3 Star Inverter Copper Split , They Got it from Khoshla Electronics for 42k , You can also try an exchange your old Ac

Last edited:
Daikins work very well for me. Multiple ACs at home and office. No real maintenance apart from occasional cleaning. For office units we have an AMC where these guys come and clean units every couple months.

I got a 2.2 ton Mitsubishi heavy AC for living and dining area which is 450+ sqft. The AC works very well. I get a lot of sunlight in the halls. This is not a inverter AC though. you may want to look into mitsubishi heavy like someone mentioned earlier.

Back