Urgent!!! Required WiFi router+ Modem for home will be connected to BSNL broad band.

rgrandhi

Disciple
Hi Techies,
I need your expert advice for a wireless router + modem for my BSNL connection. Below are details of the my requirements.

Usage: 2 Laptops+ 2 Smartphones.
WiFi Coverage Area: 2BHK house -- 1500Sft.(Prefer at least 75% of the house is covered with WIFI.)
Budget: 2-2.5 K (Max 3k if it out standing)

I have currently checked and found from many reviews that below are GOOD in these segments.

1. TP LINK TD-W8951ND 150 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router
2. D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router.

I heard difference of opinions on both router, Few say DLink is good and few say tplink is good. I am Confused, which one to go with. Your expertize assistance will help me a lot in choosing.

I have to buy any router with in 2 days.

Please also let me know, if you need any further information. Also let me know, if there is any better than the above routers+modem.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
--Raj

Go with D-Link 2750U,I personally don't have any experience with that Router but one of my friend is using it with MTNL and he finds it pretty amazing
As far as the WiFi Coverage is concern,he lives in a duplex and has placed the Router in the center of the house which gives him WiFi access to 90% of the areas in the house

Now,there are also complains of the 2750U being a DoA so you might wanna consider buying it locally just to be on a safer side

Go with D-Link 2750U,I personally don't have any experience with that Router but one of my friend is using it with MTNL and he finds it pretty amazing
As far as the WiFi Coverage is concern,he lives in a duplex and has placed the Router in the center of the house which gives him WiFi access to 90% of the areas in the house

Now,there are also complains of the 2750U being a DoA so you might wanna consider buying it locally just to be on a safer side

Thanks for the advise. I will try buying it locally as advised, Do you friend have any connection drop issue on this router. I have seen few people reporting frequent connection drops in this router.

Did you friend faced any such issue? Do you have any idea, how much did it cost him?

Thanks Again.

--Raj

Thanks for the advise. I will try buying it locally as advised, Do you friend have any connection drop issue on this router. I have seen few people reporting frequent connection drops in this router.

Did you friend faced any such issue? Do you have any idea, how much did it cost him?

Thanks Again.

--Raj

No connection issues,at least not that i know of and the WiFi range is pretty decent as well
I haven't seen him complain about the router and as i said it works well with MTNL so it should also work fine with your BSNL connection
He got it locally for 2.6K

No connection issues,at least not that i know of and the WiFi range is pretty decent as well
I haven't seen him complain about the router and as i said it works well with MTNL so it should also work fine with your BSNL connection
He got it locally for 2.6K

Thanks for the information, I will check this router locally.

--Raj

- - - Updated - - -

Go for ASUS RT-N10+ EZ N Wireless Router. It is excellent.

ASUS RT-N10+ EZ N Wireless Router

If you want a router with Modem go for this

Asus DSL-N10E Wireless-N150 ADSL Modem Router

I am using this and find it excellent.

I have just compared ASUS DSL-N10E with D-Link DSL 2750U and found Dlink router is having a better configuration than Asus one.

can you tell me, If Asus DSL-N10E is better than dlink router? If it is better, the please let me know in which way it is better?
Also let me know, if there are any other router better than the above.
--Raj

Thanks sankars_45, I will take a look as advised.

--Raj

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Experts,

Do you have any other advices on the router models. Your advise is highly appreciated.

-- Raj

I am also looking for new ADSL modem router to replace my old Netgear DG 843G. Is there any good ADSL modem router on which we can flash DD-WRT firmware.

I bought ASUs based on independent reviews on the net.

ASUS DSL-N10 - reviews - Networking, Wireless & VoIP - ADSL Modems & Routers - PC World Australia

It has a three year Warranty compared to 1 year of Dlink.

This has been discussed in many forums. Please Google and go through the discussions in other forums.

Hi @sankar_45,

D-Link has 3 Year warranty from date of purchase. Check out my own D-Link Product Registration screenshot below:

@rgrandhi, I have been using D-Link 2750 for almost a month now. Works well, no disconnections. Gives good connectivity in my 3 bedroom flat. Only 2 issues I have observed are:
1.) Sometimes if left on overnight, with no network activity, the router has to be restarted, as devices don't connect to it. Has happened 2-3 times in last 1 month.
2.) If you plan to setup a WDS with another router, like I have done with DIR-600L, only WEP security works.

Cheers,
Still

Last edited by a moderator:
Even i am using the DSL N10e and its doing well since a month...You can go for that. The new N10e is an ECO model of the older N10 series and it doesnt heat up as the older one ...

Even i am using the DSL N10e and its doing well since a month...You can go for that. The new N10e is an ECO model of the older N10 series and it doesnt heat up as the older one ...

Thanks All for the advises. I finally got the DSL 2750u and it working fine so far... I have noticed not a single issue so far. the Coverage is even good.

StillWaters : Can you assist me, how to register my product for getting the warranty. Thanks in advance.

DSL N10 is different from N10e which is the latest green certified series from ASUS..

You mean the Firmware update process ?. If you have purchased it recently then it will have the latest Firmware so the need to update firmware will not arise..

Or you mean uploading ??

I bought TP Link TL-WR740N Wireless N router recently. Its a no nonsense WiFi router with the capability to dial my PPPoE ISP connection (I think BSNL is covered in this) My house is a 1200 sq ft 2 storied building and apart from 2 rooms which are kinda isolated, I get good range all over my house.

I have recently purchased D-LINK DSL-2730U wireless modem router(N150), and so far it is running good, it costed me rs1850/-(INR) and i purchased it in the local market which got me 11 months warranty for the device, but when i register it online i got the warranty for 36months. below r the firmware details of my device, could anybody tell me where can i get the latest firmware update for my device? do send me the link for latest firmware.

Device Info

BoardID: DSL-2730U
Software Version: IN_1.00
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-106.5
DSL PHY and Driver Version: A2pD033c.d23e
Wireless Driver Version: 5.60.120.3.cpe4.406.0

This information reflects the current status of your WAN connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 493
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 1999
LAN IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.1
MAC Address: bc:f6:85:df:9f:2b
Default Gateway: ppp0
Primary DNS Server: 218.248.255.147
Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.255.141
LAN IPv6 Address:
Default IPv6 Gateway:

thanks in advance.

I have recently purchased D-LINK DSL-2730U wireless modem router(N150), and so far it is running good, it costed me rs1850/-(INR) and i purchased it in the local market which got me 11 months warranty for the device, but when i register it online i got the warranty for 36months. below r the firmware details of my device, could anybody tell me where can i get the latest firmware update for my device? do send me the link for latest firmware.

Device Info

BoardID: DSL-2730U
Software Version: IN_1.00
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-106.5
DSL PHY and Driver Version: A2pD033c.d23e
Wireless Driver Version: 5.60.120.3.cpe4.406.0

This information reflects the current status of your WAN connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 493
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 1999
LAN IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.1
MAC Address: bc:f6:85:df:9f:2b
Default Gateway: ppp0
Primary DNS Server: 218.248.255.147
Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.255.141
LAN IPv6 Address:
Default IPv6 Gateway:

thanks in advance.

It is said to have a terribly slow USB. Is that true?

Back