URGENT : Snapdeal denying Replacement because of Raised Price?!

sudeepvz

Disciple
Hello guys,

I purchased JBL Creature III 2.1 speakers from Snapdeal recently. I received them on 28-Aug-2014. They were working fine until for some reason they stopped working on 12-13 September. They were not getting turned on. May be power related issues. I found out the number of JBL Customer Care Center, and called them. And I was shocked by their reply, when they said that my product is not under warranty because I purchased them online. I then called Snapdeal about this. They told me that I have to say that I didn't bought speakers from Snapdeal but from the seller in the Snapdeal, the seller whose name is present on the invoice. Snapdeal is working just as a courier.They gave me a contact of Service Center called Yellow Valley. I called Yellow Valley, they said they neither give service nor are related with Snapdeal guys.

I called Snapdeal back. Then they replied me that they are looking in the issue and will get back to me. Then I received a mail stating that they are going to replace the speakers, and have sent a delivery guy to pick up my speakers. When I called them about to know more about this they said, they will either replace the system or they will give me refund. I said I want replacement. They checked up a bit and informed me that I can't get a replacement because I bought speakers for around Rs. 2800 and now they are selling for around Rs. 4500. I told them either you give me a contact of service center or replace it. I don't want a refund. Why would I?

After insisting they told me that OK. I will get replacement. I called again to confirm about the replacement, I got answer that I will surely get a replacement because I insisted so.The delivery guy came, and took the speakers. I received their mail which said "With reference to your complaint number XXXXXX we have verified your complaint and are processing the replacement against the original product. You will soon receive the new order and shipping details in a separate email." But then I get next mail asking me for my NEFT details so that they can refund me. What should I do about this?

I contacted JBL again and then told them the Seller's name. But still JBL said, Snapdeal is selling their products with no authorization. They are unauthorized, and they give warranty on any product purchased online. Whether it's Snapdeal or Flipkart. Plus there service center is in Mumbai and not in Delhi.

So how to proceed with this. Can anyone help me?

First of all, they are correct. You never tell a service center that you bought an item from xyz online web portal. Now, what is done is done. Just keep mailing snapdeal and say you don't want refund but replacement. Keep telling them that.

Hey Sobirvs, Thanks for replying.

I didn't knew that. But isn't it wrong? I mean the next time I called JBL again, and told them about the seller thing, they still refused. They said I need buy product physically, in order to have warranty! I am trying to stick for the replacement. Let's see what happens next.

Hey Sobirvs, Thanks for replying.

I didn't knew that. But isn't it wrong? I mean the next time I called JBL again, and told them about the seller thing, they still refused. They said I need buy product physically, in order to have warranty! I am trying to stick for the replacement. Let's see what happens next.

Next time, just say you went to mumbai or wherever the seller is from and bought the item physically. A brand for example Apple, provides warranty all over India, so they can never deny that. You should never say snapdeal's name no matter what.

But its not usually possible to go to the online store physically and buy it right then how will op tell he went in person and bought it ?

But they have recorded my name and cell number. And plus if I have to present my invoice, there its mentioned that courier service is Snapdeal. I talked with them again. All they say is that product is not available, and hence they want to do refund.

But its not usually possible to go to the online store physically and buy it right then how will op tell he went in person and bought it ?

First of all, they never ask this stuff unless you tell them you bought from online store. You can just tell them you go for college/higher studies to the other state and ...

But they have recorded my name and cell number. And plus if I have to present my invoice, there its mentioned that courier service is Snapdeal. I talked with them again. All they say is that product is not available, and hence they want to do refund.

Tell em, you can see in listing's that it is clearly available http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-creature-iii/59934

Also, that's you fault that you gave them your name and number. Also, the invoice doesn't have online stores name on it usually. But if they do, what you can do is contact the seller and ask him for an invoice for his own firm with vat51 billing. Easy. He shouldn't have any problems providing you with one.

Try another service center if its there in your city, and this time dont be stupid and expect them to understand. Some companies have a vendetta against online companies and are taking it out on customers. Apple included. So always say you bought it from the seller. Say you went to visit your cousin, he was buying and you made an impromptu decision to buy too since he gave discount. Say any random believable shit. They cant ask you to prove it.

And incase it wasnt obvious, dont use the same phonenumber again. And hope they havent tagged the serial number with the case.
Also keep pushing snapdeal. Go to twitter and facebook pages if you ahve to. Just push and say you'l tell everyone that snapdeal provides fake products and the service centers will back you up with written proof. That should get them biting their nails. Also please be a bit more smart, dont expect them to understand. See their policies and make your story accordingly.

You should've taken a picture of the "Imported by:" sticker on the box.

That would've had the name of JBL's distributor. If JBL's distributor thinks its okay to give the product to Snapdeal affiliated stores, why should they turn around and say they are unauthorised?
Of course if this was a grey market piece, then you're at the mercy of Snapdeal.

Some companies have a vendetta against online companies and are taking it out on customers. Apple included.

I seriously think this is a marketing strategy. Those companies very well know people don't buy exactly from flipkart or snapdeal or others but from the sellers who sell their stuff on these portals. Many companies said these products aren't covered in warranty but indeed they know it's win win for both online aswell as offline retailers. Only those customers suffer who doesn't know how to handle the warranty if they purchase from online.

Also recently I read that Samsung India (Officially) said flipkart and other portals are not their authorized partner, read this on a local newspaper and other OEM's here http://tech.firstpost.com/news-anal...al-amazon-authorised-sellers-list-218518.html but then Samsung India goes ahead and launches their Samsung s5 mini exclusively at flipkart http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-mini/p/itmdz6sxauamaq4s?pid=MOBDZ6SPWFRPUJST&

so clearly it's a marketing strategy when they say online portals are not support but then they support them with freaking exclusive device launches. I wonder what is up with that.

Snapdeal is giving you the money you paid as refund. That itself shows the company's good will. You wanted a replacement, however the product retails for higher price. Their good will is not that big.

I would suggest you to go for refund and get yourself a new unit from a warrantied source.

Coming to the point of service center. I feel you shouldn't have said its from online store. But then again, I never faced any issues related to this. That being said, none of the places ever asked me the source.
They ask me for bill, I give them the invoice. All the invoice I got from ebay and snap deal never had ebay or snap deal written on them. Its always store name with vat paid bill. Flipkart however gives their own bill if its from WSRetail.

Hmm, Didn't expected something like this will happen. Plus this was the first time I came across such an issue. Now that I have returned speakers to Snapdeal, all I could do is just try for replacement I guess. Thank you all for enlightening me about all this issues. :(

Apparently my seller is Spice Retail Online retail Pvt. Ltd. (Saholic) which is now not listing the product in Snapdeal. The way you guys are explaining me about the whole issue, suddenly I feel like as if I have committed crime by purchasing online.

If the seller is saholic, I suspect even if he would have said he bought in person would have helped. Saholic is a known online website.

Why did you not press JBL for service. You have a VAT paid bill. They may claim that they do not service online products. But if it has been bought with a bill, it is your right to get it serviced. Threaten them with Consumer Court.

It is better that you get a refund than getting a replacement for a product whose warranty is not honored. What if it conks off again.
On the other hand, unless it is a black-market piece, the company has to provide service, no matter where you bought it from. Send them a legal notice from a consumer court. It hardly takes 200-300 rupees to do so.

Back