Urgent Suggestion: Cookie or star?

Hey guyz i have a budget of 10k and iam going to buy the cell phone
tomorrow so quickly pour in your suggestions.

Should i go for LG cookie or Samsung star(s5230)

Today i went to the mobile store but they didnt have the star and said will get it tomorrow,also he suggested to go for cookie and said that since the star is knew so no one knows what problems it mite have.

Anywayz any one using Lg cookie,do let me know how is the device.

Thank you all in advance

PS:This is a surprise gift for my better half :cool2:

AFAIK Cookie hasn't exactly recieved rave reviews, but you should probably wait for someone more knowledgeable in this area to comment. :)

avvs_2099 said:
I got the star last sunday. so far so good. i will post a review soon. maybe even by tomorrow.

Plz do put a review man,i still havent bought the phone (not available in any stores in navi mumbai yet :( ).

I did take a demo of it at croma and found it good.

Btw how much did you pay for it???

i have had the star for week nice. 3 days and phone still has 2 bars of batt. left. excellent phone surely. camera nothing to talk about but i got this phone just as a yes and no phone and it works flawlessly. the touch is better than the 5800.

jesal said:
i have had the star for week nice. 3 days and phone still has 2 bars of batt. left. excellent phone surely. camera nothing to talk about but i got this phone just as a yes and no phone and it works flawlessly. the touch is better than the 5800.

Thats good to hear,was very skeptical about build quality and touch response.

By the way is there a stylus nesting place in the phone or have to carry it around ???

Edit: just read the review by avvs_2099, too bad the stylus needs to carried along :(.

jesal said:

wat abt SQ of Star..???
Does it has 3.5mm jack adapter....???

Hi, I'm also planning to buy a budget touchscreen phone. I'm stuck between two choices LG Cookie and Samsung S5230.

Phonearena gave LG Cookie a hefty 8.5 rating whilst Samsung S5230 received only 6.5. They also mentioned that Samsung S5230 has less-than-decent incoming call quality and battery life is also poor. Can anybody confirm these claims ? If yes, do these problems exist in the 3G version also ?

I googled LG Cookie and found out that it has its own set of issues such automatic restarts at times, BSOD, not-so-good headphones etc.

things are getting confusing... :S :huh:

Please help me on which phone should I choose ?

The cookie is one to watch out for,i have it for the past 2 weeks and one of my friends got a star about 4 days back and i found the cookie is miles ahead.This is why-

1) it's touchscreen is more responsive than the star's even with the screen protector and it's easier-to-use.

2) The camera of both phones are at par but the cookie seems to be more decent in daylight imaging.

3) The cookie has an active flash ui

4) The cookie has motion sensor

5) The cookie has auto-rotating screen-changes as per the way you hold the screen

6) It has a stylus which is embedded in the phone-one can't even make out where it lies.

7) As far as looks are concerned- the cookie looks much superior in red&black combination.It is also wider than the star and has a more squarish screen-more like a smart phone.The star is thinner and longer-like a bar phone.
8) the cookie feels much more upmarket and solid.

9) sound quality via both speakerphone and headphone is great-much better than star.SO GO FOR THE COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10) i am very happy-no isues with the phone.

SO GO FOR THE COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back