CPU/Mobo Urgent suggestion for 5k-6k inte proccyl motherboard

MAGNeT

Skilled
Need to buy a mobo somewhere around not more than 5000-6000 and supporting intel latest processor(i5,i7) and can run on my present e6750 proccy.

It should have ddr-3 ram as the rates have gone down from what i am hearing.

Presently i am using abit ip35e but wants to retire it.Also i think i read it doesnt support corsair psu well.I have migrated to 550w corsair now

Also no asus please as i dont have time runing around their service centres.

Also does any usb 3 supporting mobo is out within this range.

Will use this mobo for another 3 years or upto warranty time.

MAGNeT said:
Need to buy a mobo somewhere around not more than 5000-6000 and supporting intel latest processor(i5,i7) and can run on my present e6750 proccy.

It should have ddr-3 ram as the rates have gone down from what i am hearing.

Presently i am using abit ip35e but wants to retire it.Also i think i read it doesnt support corsair psu well.I have migrated to 550w corsair now

Also no asus please as i dont have time runing around their service centres.

Also does any usb 3 supporting mobo is out within this range.

Will use this mobo for another 3 years or upto warranty time.
The C2D uses LGA-775 socket and the The Core i-3, i-5 uses LGA-1156 socket. So its impossible to find such a mobo that u are looking for :)

The Gigabyte G41 Combo ~ 2.4k is a decent choice if u want to use ur current set up and only change the mobo. It has 2DDR 2 and 2 DDR 3 slots.(Only one type of slot can be populated. U cant use DDR2 and DDR3 RAMs simultaneously )

DarkAngel said:
The C2D uses LGA-775 socket and the The Core i-3, i-5 uses LGA-1156 socket. So its impossible to find such a mobo that u are looking for :)

The Gigabyte G41 Combo ~ 2.4k is a decent choice if u want to use ur current set up and only change the mobo. It has 2DDR 2 and 2 DDR 3 slots.(Only one type of slot can be populated. U cant use DDR2 and DDR3 RAMs simultaneously )
Thanks

Than please suggest a cheaper proccy in intel i3 or i5 range better than e6750 and also an amd setup better than e6750 setup.

DDR-3 supporting and pci-e slot for gfx card

MAGNeT said:
Thanks

Than please suggest a cheaper proccy in intel i3 or i5 range better than e6750 and also an amd setup better than e6750 setup.
DDR-3 supporting and pci-e slot for gfx card
Intel Core i-3 530 ~ 4.95k/ Core i-3 540 ~ 5.15k
Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 ~ 3.65k(cpu vram solid caps, rest electrolytic)/Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H ~ 4.4k(all solid caps, only 2 RAM slots)/Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H ~ 5.2k(All solid caps, 4 RAM slots)

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

If AMD then the,
AthlonII X4 635 ~ 4.7k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H ~ 4.5k (All solid caps, 4 RAM slots)/ MSI 880GMA-E45 ~ 5.4k (All solid caps, 4 RAM slots, USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps)

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

If waiting is an option i would suggest u to wait for ~1.5 months till the Sandy Bridge hits the stores. They will use a new LGA1155 socket and the Current i-3/i-5 are using LGA-1156 which is EOL. There would also be a CPU performance jump of ~20% and IGP performance jump of ~90%

Are there any chances of getting both cpu and mobo within 10k budget if i do wait for sandy bridge.

I guess for that another 6 months wait might be needed.

MAGNeT said:
Are there any chances of getting both cpu and mobo within 10k budget if i do wait for sandy bridge.

I guess for that another 6 months wait might be needed.
I don't think so. A core i-3 will be released in the initial launch itself in the ~$110 price range (5.5k) and the H61 is targeted at replacing the low end G41 mobos (replacing the LGA775 completely) So u would be able to get a CPU+mobo <10k about 2-3 weeks after launch in US.(Jan 5 is the launch date in US IINM)

Lord Dagon said:
Wait for Sandy Bridge...
Thanks all...

Just pray my computer survive still that period..

But its better to keep the config ready in case of unfortunate events as i dont have a backup like lappy.

Back