USA: Recommended websites for buying used stuff(electronics mostly)

D C

Adept
Any recommended websites for buying used stuff in USA? Laptops and phones mostly
Only one I know is eBay. Has good buyer protection.
Also have seen some subReddits like r/hardwareswap for p2p deals, seems legit but not sure.

Thanks!

Edit- will be buying to a US address where my friend lives. Not doing international buying and shipping.

Last edited:
Any recommended websites for buying used stuff in USA? Laptops and phones mostly
Also have seen some subReddits like r/hardwareswap for p2p deals, seems legit but not sure.

Thanks!
Used stuff also available on Newegg.

Thanks!
Will you not get hit by custom duties at the new price for recognised products, even if it is declared as gifts or used items?

Try reddit. Hwswaps is legit. Just check the sellers' previous deals and ratings. Their rules are strict.

Does anyone know whether custom tariffs were reduced w.e.f May? I downloaded the pdf from their site (https://www.cbic.gov.in/htdocs-cbec/customs/custom-tariff) and it seems the usual 42% has been reduced to 20% or so for many items. Could someone pls. confirm?
if you have business listed in India then these tariffs will work for you; else you will have hard time explaining it to Sarkari Babus' who are expecting their own cut despite the duty you paid (in case you will do it as Individual)

Mercari, Offerup, Craigslist, Letgo are fairly decent, just don't get scammed and always pay via paypal goods and services no matter what one offers/suggests. I advise you to check out r/scams subreddit on reddit to educate yourself about different kind of scams and how to avoid them. Remember, there's NO free money or too good to be true deals out there.

didn't want to make a new thread but what is best site in India to buy stuff from US. PC components mainly.
Not recommended usually, might get hit by customs. Huge amount too.
If still want to buy, try amazon us, ebay us, newegg from sellers shipping internationally.
Could also try directly ordering from manufacturer site if it allows international shipping.

Has anyone used uBuy lately? Are they legit?

I'm interested in ordering something through their website. It is written on the product page that I will receive it by the 24th of July.

Back