WTB USB C DAC

ryu_88

Disciple
Recently got my first pair of IEMs, and looking to buy a good USB C DAC, within warranty. Pls pm

Last edited:
Would you like to buy Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter?

It is used only for 30-40 minutes.

I was initially looking into those but turns out there are issues with volume control when the apple dac is used on android phones, so don't think its a good option unfortunately
Any preferences ? Budget ?

no real preferences, the most affordable dac i could find on headphonezone was 900 rupya, so preferably something around/lower than that i guess

I was initially looking into those but turns out there are issues with volume control when the apple dac is used on android phones, so don't think its a good option unfortunately
I did not encounter that till the point I owned one. Quote your source.
no real preferences, the most affordable dac i could find on headphonezone was 900 rupya, so preferably something around/lower than that i guess
At those prices, I am not sure you will hear any differences compared to your source. The Apple dongle is well reviewed so it is also your best bet.

ah lol my IEMs are the 7hz salnotes zero from linsoul and only costed 20$ lol, thats why i thought i should maybe go for a cheaper DAC.

I did not encounter that till the point I owned one. Quote your source.

I was just looking it up since some friends on discord mentioned its a problem they faced when they used it with android phone - and i found these reddit threads thread_1, thread2 which mention there a volume 'limit' of sorts that make the output too low on android, and that iOS can perform this volume control through the dac on a software level - but to remove this limit on android you'd have to do stuff like this.

At those prices, I am not sure you will hear any differences compared to your source. The Apple dongle is well reviewed so it is also your best bet.
What purpose would such a cheap DAC achieve? Any device will already have a comparable DAC already inside.

Ah yes you're both probably right, guess i'll then go with something like the Venture Electronics - Abigail from headphonezone, must be good enough for my IEMs.
Initially tried plugging in my IEMs to the audio jack on my motherboard (x570 tomahawk), the sound feels very underwhelming.
If only mobile phone manufacturers din't get rid of the headphone jack, lol :facepalm:

I was just looking it up since some friends on discord mentioned its a problem they faced when they used it with android phone - and i found these reddit threads thread_1, thread2 which mention there a volume 'limit' of sorts that make the output too low on android, and that iOS can perform this volume control through the dac on a software level - but to remove this limit on android you'd have to do stuff like this.
Ah yes, only the US version of the dongle outputs the full voltage, rest are capped at half i.e. 0.5Vrms.
But then irrespective of the Dac you use, it would be better to use something like UAPP to bypass the Android audio limitations.

@ryu_88 Are they worth the hype?How long did it take to arrive for you? Any customs?

I have a pair of earphones rated at 49 ohm impedance that sound awful from my motorola android phone. The volume levels are abysmal . Any cheap amp/dac under 1000 bucks that would solve the issue? The phone has a 3.5mm jack and a type c plug

Back