FS: Others Used Belkin WeMo Home(WIFI) Automation Switch for iPhone/Android : 3,000rs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abishek22

Disciple
Bought this from someone else who was selling it after he used it.Can use the device to connect to wifi and control the power switch connected to it, using supplied iphone app. Also supposed to be able to control the switch over internet /3g however i could not get that to work.
I haven't found a proper use for it till date and would like to dispose it off.

I think there is an android app available now.
Device is being sold as in condition, with no warranty.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-WeMo-Automation-Discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B0089WFPRO

w1.jpg
w2.jpg

WeMo Switch
AT A GLANCE:

Turn electronic devices on/off from anywhere
Set schedules for lamps, TVs, stereos, and more
Use with free WeMo app
Compatible with Apple devices iOS 5 and higher
Works with your existing home Wi-Fi network and mobile Internet

Product Description
From the Manufacturer
The Belkin WeMo Switch lets you turn electronic devices on or off from anywhere inside--or outside--your home. The WeMo Switch uses your existing home Wi-Fi network to provide wireless control of TVs, lamps, stereos, and more. Simply download the free WeMo app, plug the switch into an outlet in your home, and plug any device into the switch. You'll be able to turn that device on or off using your iPhone or iPad. You can even set schedules for your devices and control them remotely using a mobile Internet connection. You can also add additional switches to your home to control more devices.

Set Schedules with WeMo App
The free WeMo app makes it easy to set schedules for appliances and electronics in your home. Use your iPhone or iPad to program a lamp to turn on or off at a certain time of day.

This requires an always-on Wifi connection? If yes, then doesnt it kind of defeat the purpose of saving electricity? The electricity saved by turning off the gadget connected as scheduled is offset by the electricity used for keeping wifi on. Its probably good to actually switch off your Wifi itself in the night when kept on torrent downloading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back