Used PSP Go for 3k, yay or nay?

kvn95ss

Adept
The owner said it doesn't boot up, but he doesn't have a charger to check if it's working or not.

He told me - he sold his previous 3 (!) PSP Gos, and all of them needed their display cable to be cleaned, after which they all worked. Claims it's more likely the case for this as well.

I want to play GoW, GTA and few other games. Tried emulating on my phone, but the touch controllers suck and wasn't a good experience.

Better to get this or a Gamesir x2 controller and emulating games on my LG G8x?

He found his other psp go... But he's getting green light and no display / sounds.
Not sure if it's working, he said he'll get back to me

Forgive me lord, for about to sin!

Might post again in forum, asking if people have psp adapters / battery / etc etc
Got it for 2k, disassembled the device and found the culprit.
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-15 at 6.57.56 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
UPDATE - I connected my speakers to the headphone output and booted the console with the charger. I could hear the system sounds, means the motherboard is fine!!!

Now I have to source a display cable, battery (as this one isn't charging) and if possible a housing replacement, as the display is too scratched up.

Or if I can't fine any of these, I'll just buy a composite cable and call it a day lol. Hopefully it can display out and charge at the same time, lemme research that.

UPDATE - I connected my speakers to the headphone output and booted the console with the charger. I could hear the system sounds, means the motherboard is fine!!!

Now I have to source a display cable, battery (as this one isn't charging) and if possible a housing replacement, as the display is too scratched up.

Or if I can't fine any of these, I'll just buy a composite cable and call it a day lol. Hopefully it can display out and charge at the same time, lemme research that.
I can source a replacement battery for you. I have a reseller friend.

I managed to procure a display cable from aladdin shoppers (found the store from IndiaMart. Yes I was desperate). Seemed like a drop shipper (or not) because the parcel took 1 month to deliver. The cable appears to be fine as the speakers are working, but the backlight of display is not lighting up. Debating if I should buy a display, or just save up and pay 5-6k for a working PSP Go :/

I managed to procure a display cable from aladdin shoppers (found the store from IndiaMart. Yes I was desperate). Seemed like a drop shipper (or not) because the parcel took 1 month to deliver. The cable appears to be fine as the speakers are working, but the backlight of display is not lighting up. Debating if I should buy a display, or just save up and pay 5-6k for a working PSP Go :/

Save up and get a PS VITA. Not worth spending 5-6K on a PSP GO. Rather get a PS Vita and you will be able to play all PSP games and then some more.

The PSP Go is hella compact. The footprint is insane, which is why I was interested in it the first place.
Agreed that the PSP go is compact.
But the main USP of any gaming console is the number of games that you can play on it. and the VITA hands down beats the GO in this department. Plus the second analog stick was sorely missed on the PSP. Vita addresses that too.

Back