user view on SE w960i

sayeedzishan

Disciple
hey guy!
i m planning to buy SE w960i.
i ve read in on of the magazine that it is horribly slow,is it that???:(
i want to buy these phone.
please post ur veiw on that!!

It's a no doubt great phone. But may not keep you satisfied if you are planning to keep it for a couple of years.

I like Sony and SE stuff in particular, but the W960 couldn't make a hit in the market anywhere in the world, despite the features it couldn't compete with others in market, especially the iPhone.

Phone is feature packed, but the OS might have made it loose a bit. I had been eyeing it many months before it actually launched, but lost interest in the way while learning all about it.

But nevertheless, it's still a great phone and a lot of features and applications are available for UIQ 3 platform.

Also, P1i is immediate reply for almost same thing with a lower price tag and of course minus the awesome Walkman player.

Having checked the W960i personally, even i decided to skip it. I was actually looking for a good S60 phone. And unfortunately i happen to drop in at local Anupam store where they were actually showcasing this model along with the E71. And E71 won me over by its looks, functionality, screen and price.

Its available for 21k which is lower than W960i. It looks drop dead gorgeous. Amazing screen, GPS, great office features. And if you though its too big, go to your nearest shop and have a look yourself. The pics of this phone are amazingly deceptive. Its soo slick and thin that I have almost decided to buy it. And this is after using Windows mobile phones as my last 2 phones.

I would pick E71 over W960i any given day.

Back