UTP CAT 6 cable recommendation

I am looking to wire my home with CAT6 cable and require 100 meters of it. My longest wiring length would be around 35 meters and according to spec, it should be 10G capable (in case of future upgrades). Any recommendations for UTP CAT6 cable? I found this great deal but not sure if the cable is authentic.

D-Link 100mtr Cat 6 Networking Cable UTP, Grey, Rs.1484 (ltonlinestore.in)

Buy a Cat6A rated cable, go with Commscope, Belden or Molex cable with specs "Cat6A F/UTP LSZH 23 Awg", it is only available in 305m boxes.

10G is supported on Cat6 cable for a max of 55 mtrs, since you length is less you may opt for the same given lower prices. But a Cat6A cable will be future proof and will also support PoE++ (upto 100w).

Buy a Cat6A rated cable, go with Commscope, Belden or Molex cable with specs "Cat6A F/UTP LSZH 23 Awg", it is only available in 305m boxes.

10G is supported on Cat6 cable for a max of 55 mtrs, since you length is less you may opt for the same given lower prices. But a Cat6A cable will be future proof and will also support PoE++ (upto 100w).
6A cables seems to be rare online and seems to be available at 2x prices. PoE is something that I dont see requiring in the future. Considering other specs are similar, is it worth it!

D-Link makes good quality cables. We are using them regularly.

The stree price in shops is Rs. 20/ mtr for D-Link cat 6 cable.
Thank you. Have you seen any knock offs for DLink cables? The ltonlinestore.in seems new and I dont know if it is genuine.

6A cables seems to be rare online and seems to be available at 2x prices. PoE is something that I dont see requiring in the future. Considering other specs are similar, is it worth it!

Cat6A has a cabling bandwidth of 500 Mhz Vs 200-250 Mhz for Cat6. The cable will last you for more than 20+ years, so you decide.

I had installed Cat6 cable in 1999 at my residence, which is still giving me good service, that time Cat5e was prevalent.

well decide the cable gauge after verifying whether you would be able to pull through the ducts easily ,because all of my electrical ducts or those electrical black pipes were installed were designed to accommodate electrical wires and were narrow. so i got some Chinese ones ,with lower gauged and a weak core so as to it doesnt break internally while pulling.

well decide the cable gauge after verifying whether you would be able to pull through the ducts easily ,because all of my electrical ducts or those electrical black pipes were installed were designed to accommodate electrical wires and were narrow. so i got some Chinese ones ,with lower gauged and a weak core so as to it doesnt break internally while pulling.
Commscope wire construction for Cat6/23AWG (5.842mm dia) is one of the thinnest, they even have a 24AWG (5.588 mm) available in local electrical market. Avoid Chinese stuff, go with best wires that you can afford and pull in your ducts, this is the only thing that will last you 2-3 decades and have considerable high lifetimes compared to network components that will run on these cables. You can easily pull 4 Cat6 wires in a 25mm conduit.

Cat6 cable as per standard has a max travel distance of 100m, the thinner AWG wires (likes of 28AWG to 32AWG) does not meet standards, and are a compromise in terms of max length and PoE compatibility.

Cat6A has a cabling bandwidth of 500 Mhz Vs 200-250 Mhz for Cat6. The cable will last you for more than 20+ years, so you decide.

I had installed Cat6 cable in 1999 at my residence, which is still giving me good service, that time Cat5e was prevalent.
I think you are comparing the minimum bandwith frequencies of both. CAT 6 is rated for min 250MHz and Max 500MHz and 6A for Min 500MHz and Max 600MHz. Does this make a big difference? CAT 6 can do 10Gbps upto 50Meters while CAT 6A upto 100Meters. I would surely go for 6A given a 20-30% premium but going by a price chart I found online, 6A is twice the price. Do you know what would be the right amount for 100 Meters of 6A cabling?

UTP Cable Price in Nehru Place Market Delhi - CAT5e Ethernet cable & CAT6 LAN Cable Price List in Nehru Place India
I had thought of this, I plan to run them though the duct which was wired with CoAx cables for TVs, Initially I planned to wire 2-3 wires through them to the junction outdoor, now changed the plan to install a switch outdoor with just one cable going though the ducts, so this shouldn't be a problem, I hope. I want to use some high quality wiring as I will be using it for years to come and it is such a pain in the a** to rewire it if something goes wrong.
Commscope wire construction for Cat6/23AWG (5.842mm dia) is one of the thinnest, they even have a 24AWG (5.588 mm) available in local electrical market. Avoid Chinese stuff, go with best wires that you can afford and pull in your ducts, this is the only thing that will last you 2-3 decades and have considerable high lifetimes compared to network components that will run on these cables. You can easily pull 4 Cat6 wires in a 25mm conduit.

Cat6 cable as per standard has a max travel distance of 100m, the thinner AWG wires (likes of 28AWG to 32AWG) does not meet standards, and are a compromise in terms of max length and PoE compatibility.
The DLink cable I mentioned in the post is 23AWG, do you think getting the Commscope is worth it? Don't think there is availability in Kerala. Could you recommend some CAT 6A cables?

Last edited:
Back