PC Peripherals Vacuum cleaners for PC cleaning ?

Vacuum cleaners will fry your system.

anyone here uses vacuum cleaners or any other methods of cleaning dust buildup efficiently?

this one here looks decent but i dont know how useful it will be in my case
https://www.eurekaforbes.com/forbes-super-clean (cheaper in retail)

any help is very appreciated, thanks
I prefer blower, unplug all fans then blow air from about half meter to a meter from case with side panels removed, then use a new/unused paint brush ( i prefer a thick makeup/foundation brush ) for dusting off fine dust. from tricky places like fans, radiator fins, motherboard etc.
repeat this process once more and its done.
Finally clean the outer side of case and use a lint free cloth with colin to clean outside of cabinet

costs like one time investment of Rs500 and few rupees for colin

I prefer blower, unplug all fans then blow air from about half meter to a meter from case with side panels removed, then use a new/unused paint brush ( i prefer a thick makeup/foundation brush ) for dusting off fine dust. from tricky places like fans, radiator fins, motherboard etc.
repeat this process once more and its done.
Finally clean the outer side of case and use a lint free cloth with colin to clean outside of cabinet

costs like one time investment of Rs500 and few rupees for colin

thank u for this

which blower are you using?

thank u for this

which blower are you using?
ar the time i bought the cheapest i found on amazon.
link this one to be precise, bought on oct 2019 and so far it's working as it should. since i use open air case which is prone to catch dust easily and dust is easily visible too due to open sides so frequent cleaning was necessary so it was ceapest way to do so.

i will also recommend to buy some 99% isopropyl alcohol, as some times dust can creep in ram slots and pcie slots which causes no post in ram's case (decreased lane counts in gpu's case ). Use corner of cloth dip it in IPA then swipe in slots to clean slots and clean gold contacts of rams and graphics card too.

Last edited:
I use the blower of my vacuum cleaner to clean the dust inside the PC. Worked well till now thankfully. Used to stop when the blower started throwing out hot air.

How is using an air blower different (and safe) from using the vacuum cleaner as a blower?

I use the blower of my vacuum cleaner to clean the dust inside the PC. Worked well till now thankfully. Used to stop when the blower started throwing out hot air.

How is using an air blower different (and safe) from using the vacuum cleaner as a blower?
It's not based on my experience. However a dedicated leaf blower is way more powerful than a vacuum cleaner's blower function. I use a dedicated blower, but it is probably only going to save you some extra time. You can use your vacuum's blower function for pc cleaning. Just remember to tape/lock your fan blades before you power on the blower. Disconnecting them is not required, but if the fans are forced to run above their specified max RPM then the bearing gets damaged and the fan starts making sound when it is powered up. Learnt it the hard way.

So the blower part of vacuum cleaner is safe for PC cleaning. That's good to know.

Yea, I wasn't aware of the fan thing... now I will lock the fan blades before cleaning with a blower. Thanks.

So the blower part of vacuum cleaner is safe for PC cleaning. That's good to know.

Yea, I wasn't aware of the fan thing... now I will lock the fan blades before cleaning with a blower. Thanks.
Bigger the fan, the more susceptible they're to damage since bigger fans operate on much lower RPMs than standard 120MM.

Back