Valve Orange Box only for Rs. 999!

Funky said:
Its confirmed 999. Confirmed at PlanetM also. Coming Aug 2nd week...
Buying games off steam was bad idea for long time. The last decent purchase off the steam was DOD. After that everything is released here as a hard copy within couple of weeks of us launch and that too at way lower price than US price.
And its good to see this. Those who ordered it off steam should have waited. Those who didnt, bought it. Why those people should be angry at Valve or anyone else ;)
Pricing of PC games has been good for a while now in India. Its still substantial amount by indian standards but the scene is changing slowly and surely.

wow, so all we need is prince of persia's power and Rs.999/- to buy the orange box :clap:

I'd end up with 2 copies of the HL2 series. A standalone version of EP2 would have been a nice idea.

me too :|, wish i could sell the other copy. But i didn't buy the holiday pack, instead won it during Reliance gaming expo :p

RiO said:
Wake up guys, games have been priced reasonably well for at least a year... currently, the only game with bad pricing is FSX.

Rather most MS Games are priced higher. Rise of Legends is 2k. Got AOE 3 + War chiefs Expansion for 2.3k last week. Halo 2 is 1.7k

Anyways the main reason I thought Orange Pack will cost more than 999 is because Holiday collection is still selling for 1299/-. May be it will still sell for 1299 even after release of orange pack because of the larger bundle.

Holiday Collection = Half Life 2 + Episode1 + Half Life - Source + CSS + Half Life 2 - Multiplayer + Half Life - Multiplayer.

Orange Pack = Half Life 2 + Episode 1 + Episode 2 + TF2 + Portal.

Those who Pre-purchased Orange Pack just got to play TF2 Beta before others and they got a bonus game Peggle Extreme. Would have been nice if they had included the deluxe version of the game.

what would be the price of TF2 alone ?
(actually I have both the Half-Lifes as well as CSS, don't want others)

this seems to be the best buy this season i'll be the 1st one to get the copy of this only if i had a decent net connection i'll play online
DAMN HATHWAY 9999 latency on cs :mad:

Lord Nemesis said:
Holiday Collection = Half Life 2 + Episode1 + Half Life - Source + CSS + Half Life 2 - Multiplayer + Half Life - Multiplayer.

Orange Pack = Half Life 2 + Episode 1 + Episode 2 + TF2 + Portal.
i have a original half life 2 box pack i got

Half Life Source + Half Life 2 + Counter Strike: Source + Half Life Deathmatch + Half Life 2 Deathmatch + Day Of Defeat. for 1299/-:clap: :hap2: :eek:hyeah:

I already own CSS + HL2 + HL1...

I would like to sell or trade the HL2 for a copy of DODs... Lets see if i can get something like that...

Rather then getting Sold out as soon as they come on , can anyone get a GO on the orange box ??? Not for price reduction , rather the assurance of a copy as soon as it comes in :)

Switch said:
I already own CSS + HL2 + HL1...

I would like to sell or trade the HL2 for a copy of DODs... Lets see if i can get something like that...

switch i can even get DOD online for free thru steam i just installed the required files and then downloaded the remaining 101mb frm steam and i got the workin steam also u can get free half life lost coast and ricochet for free thru steam :hap2:

I just called up WWcdroms . I spoke about geting multiple copies and if i can get a discount . I am trying for a GO . once its established its possible , i will post one in the GO section :)

SharekhaN said:
I just called up WWcdroms . I spoke about geting multiple copies and if i can get a discount . I am trying for a GO . once its established its possible , i will post one in the GO section :)

Iam in...Iam in....

SharekhaN said:

i usually get a discount of 5 - 30% on original games from my dealer depending on the importer. the discount varies for milestone, wwcdroms etc.

he had told me earlier than wwcdroms is no longer incharge for importing the latest valve games.

Since VALVe has tied up with EA. and Milestone is the distributor of EA, you can't get TOB from any other distributor. Rs.999 is a sweet price anyway

Back