Graphic Cards Very confused between GTX 1060 3GB or 6GB. Need advice

2k savings for no warranty is not worth it.
i agree. if anything goes wrong you're out 20k+.

change that psu ASAP its a bad PSU with cheap components
yeah, change it first. if the psu goes bad it can take out other components on it's way out.

Is Corsair vs 650 good as I think that is cheapest 650 on market at 4200/rs
its the cheapest for a reason - cheap internals. avoid the vs line and maybe consider the cx line. a quality 450w psu will work for your config (your max power draw will be under 300w).
i'd recommend seasonic. they're probably the only company whose psu's you can buy eyes closed.

i agree. if anything goes wrong you're out 20k+.

yeah, change it first. if the psu goes bad it can take out other components on it's way out.

its the cheapest for a reason - cheap internals. avoid their vs line and maybe consider their cx line. a quality 450w psu will work for your config (your max power draw will be under 300w).
i'd recommend seasonic. they're probably the only company whose psu's you can buy eyes closed.
Even with rx480 8gb 450 watts will work?? Everyone say minimum 500 watts

Look watts don't matter if psu is not efficient,that 650w Corsair psu won't even output 450watts at best. You can calculate your power consumption by a mathematical formula called addition, so yes for rx480 it might be enough.

Also when it comes to psu, seasonic is the only company whose 1 in 10,000 PSUs fail within 5 years,I can assure you will have trouble with every third corsair VS psu in an year.

well 450 w is enough but if u have a overclocking cpu then just to be in Dave side good psu with 550w rating is enough ..... get cx550 it's not that expensive but lot better than VP which is not recommended for a build with graphics card.

the 500w min. is to account for bad quality psus as phoenix117 pointed out.
if you can afford the 500+w psu then sure. it will last you through a few upgrades.
if budget is tight then a 450w will do but either way be sure to get a good quality one.
generic psu's have about 60% efficiency at best so the 500w vip psu you have is actually only giving 300w tops.
and also if you look at the 12v rail - it shows 17 amps. this translates to about 204 watts for your main components. (unless i'm reading it wrong)
the good ones are 80%+ (you might have noticed this on some psus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus)

Back