VFM Office Wear Shirts

dinjo said:
Around 1200

Gulp.. I had a different idea of VFM :ashamed:

Anyways, if it is present where you stay, do check out Westside. I got great shirts from there (I got compliments, so I know :p) for ~500 per shirt. Everything isn't that good, but I manage to find 2-3 really good shirts every time I have to recharge my closet :)

^ VFM really means just that - value for the amount paid. It doesn't mean cheap. If say something has 1 useful feature for 5 bucks and another has 10 useful ones for 15 bucks, the later is VFM provided those features are something that I really need.

Van Heusen shirts which cost around 1200 are plain shit I have tried those too there good quality & prints starts around 2100 hence I don't get those shirts

1. Walk into a Raymonds showroom.
2. Select material of choice.
3. Place order for fantastic tailor made shirt.

A readymade shirt is never going to fit you as well.

@ those who are suggesting tailor made shirts,

I always thought that tailor made would be more expensive :S Can someone give the break-up of cost of tailor made shirt?

And which brand has shirts that have slim fit (not sure what its called) [sorry for off-topic :ashamed:]

With readymade stuff these days, more often than not, you'll be paying for the brand itself rather than the shirt.

While I might be off on this, but I'm pretty sure a 1200 budget (like the OP's) would be more than sufficient to get a very decent shirt stitched.

You could also try Scullers combed cotton shirts.

I got one plain navy blue, slim fit some time back and the fabric, fit and look is excellent for the price.

I don't remember the price exactly but it was surely below 1k.

Has anyone heard about a brand called MAX? Its a part of the Landmark Group. I buy their shirts quite often to wear to work or as daily wear. Shirts cost anywhere between Rs.329 and Rs.700 a shirt. I only wear full sleeved shirts so that's what I always buy. They often come in slim fit, with very very good material and excellent finish. The shirts which I bought for Rs.329 have lasted me over 3 years with absolutely no fading of the colour or tears anywhere. They look better than some of the Allen solly shirts I have. Give it a try.

Max - Value Fashion, Footwear, Accessories | Landmark Group

sunny27 said:
Has anyone heard about a brand called MAX? Its a part of the Landmark Group. I buy their shirts quite often to wear to work or as daily wear. Shirts cost anywhere between Rs.329 and Rs.700 a shirt. I only wear full sleeved shirts so that's what I always buy. They often come in slim fit, with very very good material and excellent finish. The shirts which I bought for Rs.329 have lasted me over 3 years with absolutely no fading of the colour or tears anywhere. They look better than some of the Allen solly shirts I have. Give it a try.

Max - Value Fashion, Footwear, Accessories | Landmark Group

Never saw this, but looks like a good deal. I also never wear half-sleeves to work. Not even T shirts. :)
pradeep200417 said:
Try Park Avenue from Raymonds. You will have no regrets.

Doubt you can in 1200.

I prefer Peter England shirts for office wear. Also I got few from Turtle/john player/indigo nation - all withing 500~1K range.

I feel ready made shirts with comfort fit much more comfortable than Stitched shirts , Turtle & Indigo Nation has more of jazzy collection which i want to avoid since its not a office wear

A guju friend of mine who runs a clothing shop tells me that the profit margin on branded shirts is around 200% to 400%

RVK2488 said:
@ those who are suggesting tailor made shirts,
I always thought that tailor made would be more expensive :S Can someone give the break-up of cost of tailor made shirt?

My tailor made shirts used to work out to anywhere from 600~800 bucks apiece with decent quality material from Raymond's and stitched by my own tailor. You would need to spend above 2.5~3k to get the same quality in ready made and they would still not be a perfect fit. In any case, after I started working, I decided that I would never join a company that imposed formal wear on the employees as a rule and I also completely switched to t-shirts. These days I buy Monte Carlo t-shirts that cost 500 bucks apiece.

Lord Nemesis said:
My tailor made shirts used to work out to anywhere from 600~800 bucks apiece with decent quality material from Raymond's and stitched by my own tailor. You would need to spend above 2.5~3k to get the same quality in ready made and they would still not be a perfect fit. In any case, after I started working, I decided that I would never join a company that imposed formal wear on the employees as a rule and I also completely switched to t-shirts. These days I buy Monte Carlo t-shirts that cost 500 bucks apiece.

Hmm...let me try this once. Thanks for the input.
And regarding formal wear in companies, even I HATE it so much! :(

Back