VFM smartphone:~20k

naru80

Disciple
Does it make sense to go for an iphone 3gs (@ Rs19,990) now?

Or should i go for a Samsung Galaxy R (also for Rs19,990)?

I was using a BB curve till now, which suddenly died on me. Now I'm dying to lay my hands on a larger screen and better apps :)
These are the two I've shortlisted.

I have absolutely no clue about LG or HTC. Is there something I should be looking there?

Will buy during the weekend.

Donot go for the galaxy R , samsung is on a galaxy spree... it will only support its flagship phones for regular updates no matter what it says , also the xda developers scene is better for the optimus 2x verses galaxy R

that my 2 cents...

Otherwies specs wise the phone is a blinder - Superb and much better than optimus 2x! :) especially the screen and the 1 gig RAM

got a demo for both the phones -- rejected O2X because of brand problem. I'm not at all comfortable with an LG smartphone.

But I saw and liked the galaxy S plus, which has super Amoled + gorilla glass, but a single core processor though faster than the original S. Has anyone tried it? Is it better than thr "R"? Both are again priced almost the same.

R gets ICS, S Plus doesn't.

R doesn't seem to be widely available or very popular. Am just worried about accessories, after sales, themes, etc, in that case

^^ LG is actually doing a really good job with Android phones. Not commenting about 2x in particular. but optimus P500 etc were wildly successful. So don't reject purely on this basis of the brand.

Also, I am also looking for a phone (for a long time!) under 20k and VFM. does 2x have any issues in particular (and that cannot be fixed? ) ?

naru80 said:
got a demo for both the phones -- rejected O2X because of brand problem. I'm not at all comfortable with an LG smartphone.

But I saw and liked the galaxy S plus, which has super Amoled + gorilla glass, but a single core processor though faster than the original S. Has anyone tried it? Is it better than thr "R"? Both are again priced almost the same.

R gets ICS, S Plus doesn't.

R doesn't seem to be widely available or very popular. Am just worried about accessories, after sales, themes, etc, in that case

There is a big difference between the Soc of SGS plus and SG-R( Qualcomm 1.4 Ghz single core vs Tegra )

The screen in SGR is slightly larger LCD c/f SGS plus which is pentile AMOLED

Also The older Original SGS has marginally better processor then SGS plus.

So with the falling prices of SGR,It really does not make much sense going for SGS plus.

Regards,

aka.

Back