VLC Media Player 1.0.0 Goldeneye Out

hotshot05

Skilled
Source: Techtree.com India > News > Software > Download New VLC Media Player

Finally, the VLC Media Player 1.0.0 Goldeneye was launched for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux platforms. This first full Goldeneye version comes after 78 million downloads and is one of the best multimedia players for all three platforms. The best part about this player is that it plays almost any media file!

VideoLAN project's VLC Media Player 1.0.0 is a free software and open source multi-platform solution for media streaming.

The VideoLAN site states that this major release of VLC includes many new features, support new codecs and formats to the VLC multimedia framework and fixes 'a very high number of bugs'.

Here are a few of the features now available in VLC 1.0.0:
-Live recording
-Instant pausing and frame-by-frame support
-Finer speed controls
-New HD codecs (AES3, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, Blu-ray Linear PCM, Real Video 3.0 and 4.0, et al)
-New formats (Raw Dirac, M2TS and more) and major improvements in many formats
-New Dirac encoder and MP3 fixed-point encoder
-Video scaling in full screen
-RTSP Trickplay support
-Zipped file playback
-Customizable toolbars
-Easier encoding GUI in Qt interface
-Better integration in Gtk environments
-MTP devices on Linux
-AirTunes streaming

Download it from the official site from this link: Download (This is a .exe file i.e for Windows only)
The file is 18MB in size.

Visit the official VLC site here: VideoLAN - Open Source multimedia and streaming solutions for every OS!

But i think MPC Home Cinema still pwns it :( ... daam i was a VLC addict but had to betray when my CPU usage went from 30%+ to <5% for playing HD movies :p ..

I just downloaded it yesterday. Seems that playback of HD video files is improved. Also I am loving the record feature. Anyone tried it yet?

I have already tried all the 1.0 RCs from VLC, never had any trouble(in fact watched all the ipl matches through VLC with better clarity than WMP-MMS links). Undoubtedly one of the best free and easy to use media player ATM.

@OP,Thanks for the info/update

Back