VODAFONE 3G Plans are out

No we don't. This is expected. Plans are like this only for almost all the private players, even BSNL too(Though better than private players)

krishnandu said:
No we don't. This is expected. Plans are like this only for almost all the private players, even BSNL too(Though better than private players)
I am using bsnl 3g 98 Rs for 2GB plan.

The CC here says that they have same plans for 3g and gprs.

^^Never trust the BSNL CCs and aunties as they know nothing. That plan you are using is probably because of the goofup from BSNL and nothing else.

They cannot offer 2G at 98 rupees in 3G.

They are really expensive, these prices will never come down till 4g spectrum is allocated to india... Same thing happened with the EDGE n/ws they were freakin 1K for unlimited and before that it was even more expensive... Once 3G was announced it became cheaper and now it has become even more cheaper....

So these telecom companis will loot us till they have no other option and MTNL/BSNL got the 3g spectrum for free (almost)... So they can afford such low prices but their n/w sucks...

So lets not cribb about what we should get and what we should not... We right now at the mercy of the telcom companies. Once u tasted 3g on ur phone nothin wlse will do...

Will be activatin it 3even if they offer only 3G at 800 bucks any information as to how much are the charges after that

@Faraz No, BSNL have their separate 3G and 2G plans. The 98/- plan that you are enjoying is a 2G plan, even I'm using it. But we all are getting 3G speeds because of technical fault of BSNL. The day they realize that and correct it, we all will end up choosing those expensive 3G plans.

lida said:
They are really expensive, these prices will never come down till 4g spectrum is allocated to india... Same thing happened with the EDGE n/ws they were freakin 1K for unlimited and before that it was even more expensive... Once 3G was announced it became cheaper and now it has become even more cheaper....

So these telecom companis will loot us till they have no other option and MTNL/BSNL got the 3g spectrum for free (almost)... So they can afford such low prices but their n/w sucks...

So lets not cribb about what we should get and what we should not... We right now at the mercy of the telcom companies. Once u tasted 3g on ur phone nothin wlse will do...

Will be activatin it 3even if they offer only 3G at 800 bucks any information as to how much are the charges after that
The BWA auction was actually a 4g auction where spectrum was sold for Wimax and LTE. Also, the term 4g is actually being used by companies in the US which have upgraded their 3g networks to higher speeds. T-mobile is calling their upgraded 21mbps 3g network a 4g network. That is because even though 4g is theoretically superior and faster, practically the current speeds attained are lesser than these high speed 3g networks. India will see some LTE networks hopefully next year. Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Infotel is the only company which has a pan-India 4g license.

just called the voda CC. After wasting my 1 Re. (50Pc per 3 min CC call) they tell me I can't have 3G since I have an iPhone. And plans for iPhone n BB are not available yet. What kinda dimwits design these plans? What exactly differentiate the data usage on an android / winmo-winfo/ symbian and ios/bb.

That just kills my day :mad:

vb86 said:
The BWA auction was actually a 4g auction where spectrum was sold for Wimax and LTE. Also, the term 4g is actually being used by companies in the US which have upgraded their 3g networks to higher speeds. T-mobile is calling their upgraded 21mbps 3g network a 4g network. That is because even though 4g is theoretically superior and faster, practically the current speeds attained are lesser than these high speed 3g networks. India will see some LTE networks hopefully next year. Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Infotel is the only company which has a pan-India 4g license.
So if i am not wrong, 4G is attained just by upgrading the h/w on the 3G nw.... and there is no extra bandwidth involved???? how can it just be theoretically faster and actually not be faster than 3g speeds... Do elaborate if u can... just want to know...

If mukesh ambani has the license than they will be offered at premium prices and will probably never even reach the masses...:p

Sorry for that, my BAD for expecting prices to drop :(... now with the new information it seems that these prices will never drop...

sarang said:
just called the voda CC. After wasting my 1 Re. (50Pc per 3 min CC call) they tell me I can't have 3G since I have an iPhone. And plans for iPhone n BB are not available yet. What kinda dimwits design these plans? What exactly differentiate the data usage on an android / winmo-winfo/ symbian and ios/bb.

Seriously i dont get that... why should i pay extra just because i have a better phone... Man the BB plans are so stupid if u are postpaid customer BBUL will cost 600 but if u are prepaid then it will cost only 400... Why???? shouldn't i get a better plan cause am commiting to the fact that i will pay that amount longer than prepaid customer who can just throw away the card an buy a new one... Though later I argued and got the 400rs plan act on my phone

sarang said:

They had similar restrictions for Iphone 2G for GPRS, but there were hacks available where you can use the normal GPRS, something similar for 3G might be available...not sure

sarang said:

Why don't you call 116?? There is an option for iPhone and BB.

lida said:
So if i am not wrong, 4G is attained just by upgrading the h/w on the 3G nw.... and there is no extra bandwidth involved???? how can it just be theoretically faster and actually not be faster than 3g speeds... Do elaborate if u can... just want to know...

it is mentioned to reference to speed.
3g networks are already HSPA/HSPA+ with speeds upto 28mbps max speeds .
whereas LTE will operate at different with more or less the same speeds or may be higher.

3g frequencies will carry out both data as well as voice(audio/video calling) which will not be possible in 4g

the plus point in 4g/LTE is that it would be a pure data based rollout. i.e no voice will be carried on that frequency.
so you can expect better pricing on that front (too optimistic on that front :ashamed:)

I think the 21 Mbps claims are all fake or say under standard test conditions, like only one user using all the bandwidth, with himself sitting with the tower on his head and all natural conditions like air, weather, wind speed are conducive to the speed to be achieved. :|

Back