Vodafone at its worst!!

OT:

I am thinking of porting from jio to voda (both prepaid) as i am sick with jio4gvoice application issues, their full screen ads etc. I just want to know, is there any service like jiomags from vodafone for prepaid users? I find jio mags, jio tv as good free addons on jio. And want something like it on voda as well.

Would appreciate if voda prepaid users give pointers on these.

Last edited:
OT:

I am thinking of porting from jio to voda (both prepaid) as i am sick with jio4gvoice application issues, their full screen ads etc. I just want to know, is there any service like jiomags from vodafone for prepaid users? I find jio mags, jio tv as good free addons on jio. And want something like it on voda as well.

Why would you need to use the Jio4G app?

To the best of my knowledge, there is Vodafone Play but for Music/Movies/etc

Don't port to Vodafone or Idea. Idea has started going bad now. Looks like Vodafone-Idea is selling off their towers. Even simple calls don't go through in Idea now due to network congestion. Weirdly, Vodafone calls go through in same place. Probably both sims connect to different towers.

Till day very happy with Jio in Mumbai..
399 plan for 84 days.
Unlimited calls, SMS (I assume its max 100 per day) and 105 Gigz data a day..
Ported from Vodafone (6-7 months ago)

OT:

If I'm correct Vodafone gives magzter on Postpaid connections https://www.magzter.com/RED

Don't port to Vodafone or Idea. Idea has started going bad now. Looks like Vodafone-Idea is selling off their towers. Even simple calls don't go through in Idea now due to network congestion. Weirdly, Vodafone calls go through in same place. Probably both sims connect to different towers.
I've faced trouble calling people on vodafone. There is never any issue with Airtel in Bangalore. All my personal contacts are on airtel. The tradesmen however tend to be on others and its a PITA talking to them.

My painter is on vodafone. Why ? because he's also a driver and goes out of state frequently and voda offers good deals on roaming. But calling takes at least ten beeps before i get a dial tone and that is assuming it even connects. Then the voice quality is utter rubbish. I've had less lag on long distance calls. If either of us stops talking it like the line went dead.

So i decided to fix this crap. He said his phone needs to be replaced. Nope. I switched him from 3G to 2G. Everything was better after that. Get a calling tone almost instantly no more waiting to connect. Voice quality is a damn side better. He finds whatsapp is slower but he ends the day with battery at 70% instead of 40% previously. And this is some cheap smartphone. Dual sim and on airtel shows a 10dB better signal than i get on the V20. So that phone is more sensitive to signal than mine is.

I told him there is a big difference between 900Mhz & 2100Mhz.

3G & 4G are fine if you are a street vendor or live in a tent.

I have VF and JIO lately i was fed-up with VF and have started JIO as my primary sim. I feel JIO is cheaper and a lot better then VF. Also internet was too slow in VF and it is much better in JIO. There have been times when at office and at home if my broadband was down and i used JIO to successfully complete my tasks.

Hence I feel JIO to be superior to VF.

Service, plans, features of jio are like.... cant live with them and cant live without them. Their jiotv (which i rarely use but comes handy at times) and jio mags app are too good to leave.

Looks like i would be better of chancing handset than service provider. I have airtel number as well but just it for incoming calls and banking sms. And it works as backup to jio at few locations. Havent recharged it for more than yr out of anger, of their chor-giri.

Actually i wanted to show finger to jio by porting out for their worst app in the world called jio4gvoice and their policy of showing full screen and in-app ads.

Service, plans, features of jio are like.... cant live with them and cant live without them. Their jiotv (which i rarely use but comes handy at times) and jio mags app are too good to leave.

Looks like i would be better of chancing handset than service provider. I have airtel number as well but just it for incoming calls and banking sms. And it works as backup to jio at few locations. Havent recharged it for more than yr out of anger, of their chor-giri.

Actually i wanted to show finger to jio by porting out for their worst app in the world called jio4gvoice and their policy of showing full screen and in-app ads.

Change your phone instead. I see the same issue with the Jio 4G app which I use to check the balance. Blocked it using Android Pie's adaptive battery features and still usable when I need to. Did the same for AliExpress app as well. Both were suggested to be background limited by the OS itself.

Back