VodaFone Postpaid - 2GB GPRS plan on 2G; How to get Balance info??

vercetti

Skilled
So I got the 2GB plan from Vodafone since 3G is yet to be launched in blore.

I realized that I would need to check my usage as internet is on in my phone24*7. I asked the cust care on how to check the usage and was surprised when they said that there is no way the usage can be checked for POSTPAID plans:(

Its really upsetting as I need to check usage to avoid surprises at the end of the month

Need some help guys

Inspite of using push mail for 5 mail accounts and using Opera to visit sites I have never exceeded my limit of 2 gb

With 2G speeds I think you dont have to worry abt checking usage

^^Exactly. 2GB is too difficult to cross on 2G!

Anyways.. try "ACT MYDATA" to 111

I use that on my Vodafone Prepaid. Hopefully it works for Postpaid too...

vercetti said:
So I got the 2GB plan from Vodafone since 3G is yet to be launched in blore.

I realized that I would need to check my usage as internet is on in my phone24*7. I asked the cust care on how to check the usage and was surprised when they said that there is no way the usage can be checked for POSTPAID plans:(

Its really upsetting as I need to check usage to avoid surprises at the end of the month

Need some help guys

If you are on Android, download Data Counter app. Set it as a widget on the home screen. Goves you break down of GPRS and Wifi data usage by day, week, month.

ronnie_gogs said:
Inspite of using push mail for 5 mail accounts and using Opera to visit sites I have never exceeded my limit of 2 gb

With 2G speeds I think you dont have to worry abt checking usage

+1 to that. I'm on the same plan and with 3 push mail accounts and reckless data usage (app downloads etc), I'm still at 500 MB with 1 week to spare towards the end of billing cycle.

I am using a iphone 4. Also the issue with these apps is that they will count both wifi and GPRS in the data usage and I will not get an accurate reading due to that:(

Can't beleive that the cellular operators don't have this feature:(
harley02 said:
The solution to your problem is "DroidStats" app. Try it.
nishantgandhi said:
If you are on Android, download Data Counter app. Set it as a widget on the home screen. Goves you break down of GPRS and Wifi data usage by day, week, month.

+1 to that. I'm on the same plan and with 3 push mail accounts and reckless data usage (app downloads etc), I'm still at 500 MB with 1 week to spare towards the end of billing cycle.

when I activated this on vodafone for a friend, i asked the cc rep. He said there is no way. anyway with the crappy speeds vodafone gives, there is no way you'll exceed that cap. even on airtel I barely touch 1GB a month Airtel FTW :p

No, this feature was much appreciable till a few days back when we were getting 3G speeds on 2G recharges and then suddenly the data limit ran out and made me poorer by Rs25 or 35 or 54 or ...... couple of times :p

If Vodafone charges all the data transfer in un billed amount then there is a way to know how much data you have used on your number. I have a idea connection with 2 GB plan for 98/- per month, Idea charges all the data transfer @ 2 paisa per kb which is added in un billed amount and at the end of the month the data charges are waived off till 2 GB. Details are below.

Idea charges 2 paisa x 2000 mb = 40000, If my unbilled amount reaches around 40000k (35/38) i don't use it.

Back