Vodafone says "3G not supported for HTC Wildfire"!!!

santosh86

Disciple
Hey guys...
My friend wanted to activate 3G on his HTC Wildfire he followed the usual procedure (sending sms etc..); guess what, Vodafone replied that 3G is not supported on Wildfire. Anyone here who has Wildifre and has the same issue??
Please move it to the appropriate section if it is not in one.

Re: Vodafone says "3G not supported for HTC Wilfire"!!!

Similar problem happened to me as well, my ZTE Blade was shown as not supported. So I put the SIM in my friend's E71 and sent the message. Few hours later 3G was active. :)

I think what they mean is, 'we don't know how to help you as we don't have the 3G settings to push to your handset'.

You will need to configure the settings manually. Like APN name and if required proxy and port. Only thing is that 3G services plan should be enabled on your mobile number.

No operator seems to have the HTC handset settings with them so you mostly have to go the manual configuration way. Unfortunately I can't help you with the settings. You can ask for the settings from the customer care directly.

^ Yes but the issue is that they don't activate 3G unless you send the message from a phone which is in their data base of 3G supported phones.

Anyway for Vodafone, you only need to set the APN to 'www', no other change is required. :)

varkey said:
^ Yes but the issue is that they don't activate 3G unless you send the message from a phone which is in their data base of 3G supported phones.
Strange! And here we were thinking that the operators will try to sell 3G plans even to a Nokia 1100 user. :p

this is strange.anyways they can definately lay rest with the money they are making from getting 2g at dirt cheap.the statement given by them smells of blant ignorance.

So, If I put the sim on another "Vodafone 3G compatible mobile" and activate 3G and then put it back on the Wildfire, 3G would work on it?
Let me try this out!

^ Yes that should work, I activated it like that. But you may need to keep the sim in the "Compatible phone" ;) for an hour or so for the new phone details to be updated in their system.

Renegade said:
Strange! And here we were thinking that the operators will try to sell 3G plans even to a Nokia 1100 user. :p
Reliance already claims that all their subscribers are on 3G in the default reliance caller tune :p

I followed the above steps and even got my 3G activated. But, I have another problem now:
In the Wildfire, when I set the mobile network to "WCDMA" only, I get the HSPA "H" symbol but cannot browse anything and also lose my radio signal completely.
And when I set it to GSM/WCDMA both, it goes back to being Edge "E", I can browse at Edge speed only. Is there something I am missing?

I think you are right.
He is getting on/off 3G signals. I guess 3G is not yet set up over all of mumbai. Some places have better 3G reception than others.

Same thing is happening with me, I got mine activated by sending an sms via Wildfire only and was told to do the manual settings. But I can't browse 3G yet, it always shows E or H.

hi buddy its so simple create manual setting go to setting-:wireless network-:mobile network-:access piont and create new setting

name-: vodafone

apn-:portalmms

leave other coloum

enjoy

Back