Vodafone Slashes 3G Tariff Up To 80%

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Vodafone Slashes 3G Tariff Up To 80%

With all major 3G service providers dropping 3G data charges with the arrival of 4G services , Vodafone India has dropped their 3G tariffs today . The new tariffs are similar to Airtel and Idea 3G tariff .

Vodafone 3G plans now start from Rs. 25 for 25 MB data usage and go up to Rs. 1,599 for 12 GB data usage .

The Pay As You Go (PAYG) charges - means without any data recharge , is touted to be lowest among 3G providers . While Airtel and Idea have reduced the volume based browsing charges to 3p/KB , Vodafone is offering the same at 2p/KB . Thereby cutting the tariff by 80% .

vodafonetariffsfinal191.jpg

"With the introduction of these plans, we aim at establishing a foundation for providing a 3G data plan for everyone, making it affordable to the masses in the country," Vodafone India chief commercial officer Sanjoy Mukerji said in a statement.

Other operator's recently revised 3G tariffs -

Airtel -

airtel3gtarif.jpg

Idea -

ideatariffsfinal2218185.jpg

BSNL -

3gpre.jpg

Reliance -

reliance.jpg

1GB 100 rupees 30 day validity! Thats the magic spot people! Not 250 rupees!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

and thnx OP for making a detailed post with prices of all the other networks in one place!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

and thnx OP for making a detailed post with prices of all the other networks in one place!

I agree...infact making them 98 / 99 like EDGE is/was before will be even better as psychologically people tend to think 99 is far less than 100. That why all malls etc price stuff ending with .99 etc.

I agree...infact making them 98 / 99 like EDGE is/was before will be even better as psychologically people tend to think 99 is far less than 100. That why all malls etc price stuff ending with .99 etc.

Oh the psychology of pricing! Dont get me started on that, been studying everything I can get my hands on abt that for my business. Yep, 98/99 rupees is an amazing price point. Even if people dont need it much, they will still sacrifice that 99 rupees just bcs they can have it!

i hope carriers start to introduce more plans with a extended validity period.this would especially be a boon for people using ipads/tablets and only want to buy the card for data usage.

Tata Docomo Launches New 3G Pack RC246 with Free 1GB 3G Data and Talktime of Rs.219

docomo already giving 1GB 3G 30 days validity for 31 bucks (with 246 special recharge. Read the conditions before recharge though).

400 bucks 1 mpbs UL 3G with no FUP and 800 bucks for 2mbps UL for a month should be launched by now. BB and 3G has been here for so long and didnt even graduated from launch. Telcos underestimate people to much and dont make use of mass market in india.

Aircel is the only one making the best deal.

Aircel Rs. 128 3G pack:

- 500 MB 3G data
- Unlimited 2G data after 3G data limit
- 30 days validity

Tata Docomo Launches New 3G Pack RC246 with Free 1GB 3G Data and Talktime of Rs.219

docomo already giving 1GB 3G 30 days validity for 31 bucks (with 246 special recharge. Read the conditions before recharge though).

400 bucks 1 mpbs UL 3G with no FUP and 800 bucks for 2mbps UL for a month should be launched by now. BB and 3G has been here for so long and didnt even graduated from launch. Telcos underestimate people to much and dont make use of mass market in india.

It's for limited circle, not for Mumbai.

Post 1GB ?

In the event that I want to cancel my Prepaid 3G data plan, and switch back to 2g, is there any way of doing this? Supposing I do a 98 buck 2g recharge for 1 month. After the month is over, am I charged for 3g usage (2p/kb) or 2g usage (10p/10kb)?

I would any day want to have a plan which falls back to 2G / EDGE after the cap is hit and then may be continue unlimited. This saves us from those blood sucking failtel types who would claim that we used X MBs over the allowed use and will charge an arm and a leg for the over usage.

Back