Vote for your favourite browser

baccilus said:
:lol: FF is no where, It's Chrome and then Opera..!!

Yay...Chrome rocks...!!

I personally think, browser should primarily look upon browsing rather then addon and other gimmicks :p (No offence for FF users)

But one thing I must say, is that, FF rocks in Linux, no idea how, but it works much better in any distro, I guess distro maintainers tweak it in that way...

Wow...lot of FF fans out here. I used to be one but then I tried Google chrome. Immediatly switched because it

* Its crazy fast! Don't believe me, see this video:p

* single box for searching and entering urls

* webstore & extensions support

* Flash plugin already installed by default

* inbuilt PDF reader which works way better than what adobe makes

* minimalistic UI

* Strong focus on security with Sandboxed architecture(each tab has its own process)

Gaurish said:
Wow...lot of FF fans out here. I used to be one but then I tried Google chrome. Immediatly switched because it

* Its crazy fast! Don't believe me, see this video:p

* single box for searching and entering urls

* webstore & extensions support

* Flash plugin already installed by default

* inbuilt PDF reader which works way better than what adobe makes

* minimalistic UI

* Strong focus on security with Sandboxed architecture(each tab has its own process)
+1 Chrome Rocks..!! Love it over any browser, none comes even closer in terms of speed. [Tested Personally]

And as pointed by you, other than yours one more thing I like is, they have task manager, through which I can kill only the tab which is creating problem, but in case of other browser it hangs the whole browser so each tabs...no way other than restarting browser. Chrome solves this amazingly :)

BTW :rofl: at the video.

I am a fan of Opera in Desktop. On mobile I find Dolphin a bit more convinient, Opera comes very close though.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Fire & IE r also very good browsers, Chrome sucks bigtime for me. My order of preferance Opera(Dolphin for mobile),IE,Fire.

i use safari on mac and firefox on windows7.guys i have a question when i read news on mac i use the reader option on safari and it makes the http page look simple to read and easy on the eye.does firefox have any such add on with windows 7?

Heres Operas spoof of the Chrome speed video

Looks like someone rigged the poll. I see the vote count changing even after the poll has been closed. I can see Opera easily getting 100k votes, but Chrome and Firefox hardly have a few thousand users each. Wonder if they got their votes by continuously clicking the vote button, or prolly wrote an extension for it. Hopefully about.com will be able to eliminate the bogus votes like they claim in the note.

I use opera because i surf from a EDGE gprs stick and love the turbo function.it speeds things up,stops flash.IT can also send my bookmarks to my symbian phone which uses opera mini.blocking ads is not as straightforward as firefox but i use the inbuilt content blocker with fanboy's list.BUT now i am also trying CHROME and it is very fast.some other things which make it great:

1.using flashblock and adblock the surfing is very fast almost comparable to opera turbo.

2.inbuilt pdf viewer.can be used as a standalone,fast viewer for your pdf files.

3.good library of useful extensions

4.good rss reader

5.extension for using google docs engine to view your documents

6.extension that supports all the major download managers

7.intuitive interface.

8.text resizing when windows are resized.

9.Tabs run as independent processes.

10.extension for gmail functionality

suffice it to say that it is fast becoming my browser of choice instead of opera.but i miss the inbuilt features of opera which come out of the box.

I have used nearly all types of browsers.

1. Chrome: Good speed, very good google integration, but it's addons are crap. Chrome adblock creates garbled text on many sites. IMDB, amazon.com, ebay.in for me. I ve seen many times this message, "Oops! Google Chrome has crashed! Restart..." Also it takes too much RAM space to render a page.

2: Firefox: Very good addon support, I've never seen it crash. The latest stable release is awesome, I love the 'tab group' feature.

3: Opera: Very good stand alone browser: Not very resource hungry, Image hide feature is very useful, inbuilt ad blocker is nifty too.

4: Safari: I don't know the Mac situation, but windows version is full of crap.

My vote goes to -

1: Opera,

2: Firefox,

3: Chrome,

4: IE

Back