Vultr SSD VPS 50% off- Extremely low prices (Better than Digital Ocean) 2.5$ -768mb Ram 3gz procs

Yeah missed that. Thanks for confirming :)

If it continues to be same, I'd shift my hosting permanently. Provided they provide good support and negligible downtime. Any review about that?[DOUBLEPOST=1407072303][/DOUBLEPOST]Also as people are saying, what if someone uploads pirated ISO's (of windows) and keep using?[DOUBLEPOST=1407072355][/DOUBLEPOST]

This I don't understand. It means the server's won't be able to send mails (by default). One need to go through authorization right?[DOUBLEPOST=1407072432][/DOUBLEPOST]Which location do you think would result in best performance for India for web hosting?
There's literally no downtime. These guys are taking on linode and DO, they ahve the same or better quality, more locations. They ahve a new site coming up soon too.

I asked them the same -

Me
2014-08-03 09:16:25
Can I upload a windows ISO and use it in its official trial period?

Please suggest. The software I want to use on windows wont spam or anything illegal.

-----
Sean Mahoney
2014-08-03 09:22:48
You can upload custom ISOs from your customer support panel. We do not provide any support for custom ISOs.

Regards,
Sean M.
Vultr.com

------

Me
2014-08-03 09:27:40
You wont ban them or anything right?
-------------

Sean M.
The full text of our acceptable use policies and terms of service can be found below. We suggest taking the time to read them thoroughly and deciding whether your intended usage falls within our policies.

TOS - https://www.vultr.com/legal/tos.php
AUP - https://www.vultr.com/legal/use_policy.php
SPAM - https://www.vultr.com/legal/antispam_policy.php

Regards,
Vultr.com​
[DOUBLEPOST=1407087566][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well I suppose i'l get to it in a few days. Probably an anti spam thing then.

yah, but if your VPS gets hacked or found any exploit it any of the softwares you use, then you will be in trouble. So ask them about abuse policy also

yah, but if your VPS gets hacked or found any exploit it any of the softwares you use, then you will be in trouble. So ask them about abuse policy also
Okay this is where shit gets real -> https://discuss.vultr.com/discussion/comment/688#Comment_688
They have a CRAZY Anti-spam policy. I put in 50$ and was thinking of putting in another 50. Now im wondering if there's any point cause some or the other day i'l get hacked and these guys will suspend the whole effing account![DOUBLEPOST=1407090875][/DOUBLEPOST]I made this thread there -> https://discuss.vultr.com/discussio...-crazy-and-anti-client-antispam-policy#Item_2

Please put in your voice too![DOUBLEPOST=1407092408][/DOUBLEPOST]LOL they deleted the thread. Im not sure if these guys are just paranoid or retards.

Ok guess I stirred their nest pretty hard both on the forum and Twitter. They got in touch with me and assured me that its the worst case scenario that they do that kind of stuff and that they are working on re-working the policy to less stringent language. Assured me that they are always on the customer's side. Even opened SMTP access for me with out any hassle :p
Now I feel I rode them too hard :(

Edit= That was the founder who himself got in touch with me. :p Gotta appreciate the pro-activeness!

Last edited:
Raises red flags, I would avoid them totally. Any company suppresses voice and removes post, not good for me. And I am not gonna give my Passport copy and Credit Card number for SMTP. My ass.

There are so many ways to monitor/block spams, but isn't the way.

They don't have mention about requiring IDs on TOS, or may be I missed them. And are they gonna destroy my records after some time?

Secondly I don't see anything great they are offering which would make me move away from DO. Will stick with DO.

tldr; for someone new who is looking for VPS, Vultr may be good if the price and ping latency is less than competitors.

Last edited:
Raises red flags, I would avoid them totally. Any company suppresses voice and removes post, not good for me. And I am not gonna give my Passport copy and Credit Card number for SMTP. My ass.

There are so many ways to monitor/block spams, but isn't the way.

They don't have mention about requiring IDs on TOS, or may be I missed them. And are they gonna destroy my records after some time?

Secondly I don't see anything great they are offering which would make me move away from DO. Will stick with DO.

tldr; for someone new who is looking for VPS, Vultr may be good if the price and ping latency is less than competitors.
Actually no. they are just overly carefull. I wouldnt leave them just yet. The fact that he chose to take this on himself as the founder shows that he cares. If they **** up, going back on twitter and kicking their ass wont be hard.

What they offer over DO is 256mb ram more. More processing power at half the price. And they are actively working on getting the aggressive spam policy solved. They said it was for worst case scenarios as cheap vps tend to bring a lot of these suckers.

Anyway, Im sticking with them for sometime. Trying out more things as i get more ideas. Its absolute value for money and great performance.

AS for smtp. You can just message them and tell them you wont give them ID or anything and they will agree. Just be very angry over them wanting it. :)

Is it VFM? yes. Should you continue? Yes. Should I move my servers from DO to Vultr? No... That was my point ;-)

And Vultr is by Choopa, which is a good company.

Is it VFM? yes. Should you continue? Yes. Should I move my servers from DO to Vultr? No... That was my point ;-)

And Vultr is by Choopa, which is a good company.
Haha yes, no point in moving servers but no reason not to start all your new servers on vultr. That was my point. it doesnt makes sense to shift something thats comfortable on DO :p

lol

@party I recommended it for someone and they have bought it. His budget was high, so he got a good offer as well. Though haven't got my hands on it :D

lol

@party I recommended it for someone and they have bought it. His budget was high, so he got a good offer as well. Though haven't got my hands on it :D
Awesome! I just managed to get server 2008 trial (6months) running on the smallest Server after beating my head over it a lot. Now to provision a few apps to run 24/7 :D

If you need the iso in a day or two, let me know. Its a pain to download, customize, upload the iso again. I have it on my domain. And god forbid it turns out wrong like my previous one.

I payed $25 and got $25 from them so now I have $50 with them. But didn't created any server. Didn't put it to actual use :p
Haha if you have apps that need running you can try a windows server 2008. it has 300-350mb ram after OS used the other 300mb. You can remote desktop into it and do cool shit.[DOUBLEPOST=1407446521][/DOUBLEPOST]Also going to do a clean ubuntu install again, following this guide and try Varnish too. That shit is supposed to be crazy fast. http://stevetan.me/ubuntu-13-04-vestacp-setup/

Awesome! I just managed to get server 2008 trial (6months) running on the smallest Server after beating my head over it a lot. Now to provision a few apps to run 24/7 :D

If you need the iso in a day or two, let me know. Its a pain to download, customize, upload the iso again. I have it on my domain. And god forbid it turns out wrong like my previous one.

Haha if you have apps that need running you can try a windows server 2008. it has 300-350mb ram after OS used the other 300mb. You can remote desktop into it and do cool shit.[DOUBLEPOST=1407446521][/DOUBLEPOST]Also going to do a clean ubuntu install again, following this guide and try Varnish too. That shit is supposed to be crazy fast. http://stevetan.me/ubuntu-13-04-vestacp-setup/

Interested to know, what all you are planning to do on the Windows server, and which apps are you talking about?

Thanks, but me a no-windows guy. I use Debian/Ubuntu on dev servers. Windows no fun :p
Also, with SMTP and stuff, I am thinking you can open Email delivery services n all?

May be I'll shift my shared hosting to this and see..!!
That would work verywell for you. Just set it all up, and once done, set it up so it backups to dropbox. Then create a one click snapshot and download it too. This way, something happens you're up in 10minutes(snapshot) or 1-12hr (dropbox).
Just install ubuntu, put basic security, install vesta panel and select apache template if you have wordpress, and after that its a breeze if its a small website or implement a cache plugin if its a slightly bigger blog.
It will be PITA, don't bother :p
No it isnt, take 2 days at max and you LEARN so much :p This has been an amazing experience for me :D

Interested to know, what all you are planning to do on the Windows server, and which apps are you talking about?

Also, with SMTP and stuff, I am thinking you can open Email delivery services n all?
They wont let you open an email delivery service since most of it is unsolicitated mail.

Im planning to run a few programs on it. I'm also thinkign of running a few macros. Im still exploring that part. So basically if i want to grab all the images from a tumblr, i could do it on my pc at 512kbps. or i could do it on the vps with 100mbps and then just use dropbox to sync it. :D
See what i mean? It makes a huge difference for a 100-200bucks a month. Again, if you need the server 2008 trial image and you have bought something on vultr, just holla before i delete the old server in a day or two.

I also use no premium to download stuff, so i could rig it to download on my server and then just sync it as and when bandwidth is available :D No premium just keeps the stuff for a day, so this would be a lot better and at my ease.

Hell I could keep it there on a storage server, check through Remote desktop (say thumbnails) and download only what i need. My own cloud :D

Back