Vultr SSD VPS 50% off- Extremely low prices (Better than Digital Ocean) 2.5$ -768mb Ram 3gz procs

No it isnt, take 2 days at max and you LEARN so much :p This has been an amazing experience for me :D
Setting it up is easy, securing it and managing it is PITA. Unless there is some special requirement I prefer shared hosting. Bg it's not fun as VPS, I agree.

For eg. Setting up email is not easy. If you are running a simple blog or forum, emails are essential. Just read up about emails and security you know what I am telling.

Btw did you find more about abuse policy? Do they give you different IP in case of abuse?

Yeah, security and other configurations is the main thing for which I didn't yet moved to Vultr. As everything is unmanaged and whatever happens I'll be solely responsible for it.

Regarding RnD purpose yes you learn a lot but then again I do not need much security as it's just a personal blog with not much content, so I don't expect much visitors too, and no hackers may be :p

Or may be hackers find these type of servers only which they can easily exploit for their own work :p

Setting it up is easy, securing it and managing it is PITA. Unless there is some special requirement I prefer shared hosting. Bg it's not fun as VPS, I agree.

For eg. Setting up email is not easy. If you are running a simple blog or forum, emails are essential. Just read up about emails and security you know what I am telling.

Btw did you find more about abuse policy? Do they give you different IP in case of abuse?
Yeah they are in the process of changing the policy. Got this first hand from the CEO. They also said that its for worst case scenario and not so much for regular users.

For email I would go for something like Google apps or if I dont have the money then Zoho. Running the whole email thing is a pain as there is no equivalent opensource alternative.

Yeah, security and other configurations is the main thing for which I didn't yet moved to Vultr. As everything is unmanaged and whatever happens I'll be solely responsible for it.

Regarding RnD purpose yes you learn a lot but then again I do not need much security as it's just a personal blog with not much content, so I don't expect much visitors too, and no hackers may be :p

Or may be hackers find these type of servers only which they can easily exploit for their own work :p
I say keep a snapshot of the system everytime you post. One click restore. See how much resilience the hacker has to keep doing it again and again :D

^saar, had warned you to learn more about there abuse policy and cancellation

I really hate to be the guy who told you so

otoh, my friend is happy with his vultr vps.

^saar, had warned you to learn more about there abuse policy and cancellation

I really hate to be the guy who told you so

otoh, my friend is happy with his vultr vps.
I am kinda okay with them too, cause not using it as production server. Just tinkering and learning things.
Its just that will not use this for production purposes. Posted here so that if someone else uses them for production work they are warned.

Oh and even on the trial servers, have setup automatic Dropbox backup :D

Back