w810i or w610i or sumthin else?

amul_mitm

Disciple
First of all my salute to all techs and geeks out there...

As the title suggests, I'm confused between the two:
1. I know 610 has inferior camera, what I want to know is how inferior? and what do I gain on sacrificing the camera? (I know Walkman 2.0, A2DP, what else?)
2. Is there any difference in sound quality?
3. Whats the estimated street price for which I can get 810 and 610 in Delhi, with warranty (speakers included).
4. I'm not exactly a fan boy for w series or SE per say, but I know SE produces best multimedia phones. And I do not like Nokia for their slow interface responsiveness. But still I will look upon something highly recommended (I also mean other phones in SE) in the budget of around 10k.

Will be making the purchase next week. In hope of a lots of replies...:) :) :)

Having Personally used the w810i for a few days, i would its a really very good phone. The main drawback of W610i is the Keypad. If you can get used to that, i dont think there is much to choose between w810i and w610i (becomes a question of personal taste)

As far as Non-SE phones go, Try Nokia 5700 Xpress Music . Heard its interface is very fast for a symbian phone .(thats what i keep hearing of each and every nokia phone. Actually they claim such things when the memory card is not fully loaded up.Once its full , its starts lagging )

^^ I've seen the 5700 and I believe its way too thick for my pocket. Also the music quality is inferior to that of SE W series, (Music being my first preference)

I dropped the idea of buying a Z550i for now as it doesn't come bundled with the in-ear ear phones anymore, (in-ear canalphones is also a reason why I'm more inclined towards the SE W series.)

@thegamerulez

I've seen the K550i from which 610 inherits its keypad, and I didn't find it any difficult to press the keys. So keypad-wise I don't have any problems. I'm more into 610 cause its a newer phone, so contains many updates (both s/w and h/w wise), thats where the dilemma, since 810 has a better cam module.

^^i been using the 810i for two weeks...n man it roks. no complaints whatsoever. but i dint get the bundled speakers :( n i cant seem to get a 2gb pro duo card anywhere, other than that no complaints

Nokia 5700 is really a good one. The sound quality is good. They have used a dedicated chip for playing audio. Hence very quick in response. If you are looking for a good bluetooth connectivity, this one is the best in that range. It is enabled with Bluetooth Class 32, where as most of others in this segment has only Bluetooth Class 10.

And regarding looks, I have no words to speak. In one word "trendy".

I did find some cons though. A rubber flap is to be opened for charging the mobile. Dono why Nokia couldn't find any other place for the charging pin!

Moreover Nokia 5700 is a smart phone while SE W810i isn't. This is very handy if you want to install third party softwares in your phone.

I believe Nokia 5310 is just out...

sleek.. killer looks..

approx 12.5K in Mumbai (info from gsmarena.com - opinions section)

Will be going to buy the phone today... more inclined towards the w810i, as it has larger keys, and my sister does a lot of texting (i'm gonna give this phone after 3-4 months to her and she's not that tech savvy and she wants a decent camera.) just one last thing, what handsfree kit comes bundled with W810i? can i plug my ep630 in it?

hello friends, thank you all for your comments, I'm a happy owner of a W810i now:D . Just a few more queries regarding the memory...since 512M is not enough for me, planning to buy a 2G/4G memory card...
1) is it possible to use an M2 card with a pro duo adapter in this phone? how much max memory does it support (website and manual say only 2G:mad: )
2) where in delhi I can buy a sandisk pro duo or m2 card? (where in nehru place? should I go to gaffar mkt.?) and is there any other brand I should try? (dont wanna go for Sony.)
3) price for a 2G/4G pro duo/m2 card?

eagerly waiting for the valuable comments...:)

amul_mitm said:
hello friends, thank you all for your comments, I'm a happy owner of a W810i now:D . Just a few more queries regarding the memory...since 512M is not enough for me, planning to buy a 2G/4G memory card...
1) is it possible to use an M2 card with a pro duo adapter in this phone? how much max memory does it support (website and manual say only 2G:mad: )
2) where in delhi I can buy a sandisk pro duo or m2 card? (where in nehru place? should I go to gaffar mkt.?) and is there any other brand I should try? (dont wanna go for Sony.)
3) price for a 2G/4G pro duo/m2 card?

eagerly waiting for the valuable comments...:)

Congrats !!

1 .that phone only supports pro duo ! no idea of adapter may work on!

2 dunno

3 chennai 2 gigs is around 1300 i suppose!

Back