w810i price not falling

amitmk

Adept
Hi.. the w810i has dropped from approx 15500 8 months back to 13300 now. While the N72 which was launched after it has fallen from 15000 to 12000.

Why is the 810i still so high priced? It should be somewhere near the 10 k mark now considering its been so many months since its launch.

I think if u can ignore the symbian part, then w810 is superior to N72...and SE replaced the w800 with the w810..in tht price band (12-13k) , it doesnt have any other conflicting model from SE itself.. so probably SE is still keeping its prices high..When its life cycle will come to an end and SE will have another model ready in tht price band, its price will come down too..just what happened with K750i..its replacement, k550i has come..so its prices have dipped to 9k range..Now k550 commands a price tag of 11k..it'll probably settle down to 10k after a few months..and k750i will be gone forever..

As for nokia reducing n72's price, there are other things which made the price of this phone come down...it has a buggy interface which is notoriously known to hang and restart..its battery life is below average..these are probably the reasons why nokia decided to reduce its price because demand was low at the price of 15k... The N70 on the other hand, being supposedly a model a step below n72 (but the n70 has dual cams and is 3g), still commands a price of 13k for the normal version and 15k for music edition..thts cos there is still demand for this phone...I dont understand why nokia decided to name it N70...:S it shud have been something like n74 or n75...cos its way better than n72..

I think the w810 is not really worth its price at all now..there are much better phones from Nokia and SE itself, which sport a lower price tag and are better equipped than the w810..:hap5:

Private Ryan said:
I think the w810 is not really worth its price at all now..there are much better phones from Nokia and SE itself, which sport a lower price tag and are better equipped than the w810..:hap5:

Like which ones??

All depends on ur budget..if u want something in 10-11k range then u shud consider any of these..

If you are an SE fan then i think getting the k550 makes more sense...its available for 10.8k or so.. Or the W700 for 10k... Also a lesser known clamshell cousin of the W710, the Z710 is available for 10.3k....check it out as well..

In the nokia stable, the best buy at the moment is the 6233 for 9.2k...its got the best speakers, 2 mp cam and a gr8 display... the 5300 is also gud..its available for 9.7k..but it comes with a 1.3 mp cam..and has a terrible design..

another VFM buy is the E50..its a really good buy at 10k...the best smartphone at this price range...

finally, if u want to go for looks and feel, get the 6300 for 11k..imho, it isnt all tht rich on features to support tht price tag but has sexy looks to make up for lost ground..and it has a very good screen...

I dont wanna suggest anything from the moto or samsung stable.. i seriously dont think they are worth it... So..go on..take ur pick..:)

I think the prices are not dropping cause all the other fones that came in this line have some problem or the other... W810 has everything right looks,music ,camera,keyboard and size...
I think until a successor to this fone is released... the prices wont fall drastically...

^exactly ... Infact I got a w810 for a friend recently for 12.9k with bw (might be even cheaper at alpha or elsewhere), was initially considering the 6300 and 6233 both are nice phones, but dunno why nokia did not include flash with them ... on the sony side the w700 cam is not quite the same as k750i or w810i ... only other option would be to mod the 750i but with hpm-70 and 512mb card it would be close to the w810 pricing anyway ... also the included speakers with w810i are nice and loud especially for their size.

N72 around 12 k is not coming with a stereo speaker set, 512 mb card and good earphone bundled with it.
whereas the W810i costs around 13k bundled with Speaker, original 512 mb card and a good earphone. If you take away the speakers and 512 mb card, w810i will cost cheaper than the N72.

Back