WTB Wacom

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys my wife needs a Wacom device to doodle and draw arts directly in paint or photoshop.
She is pro in sketching and arts but doesn't need anything huge sized but mouse pad sized wacom will do just fine.

Budget: under 4k.

A major query: Do wacoms need something like cartridges? https://www.amazon.in/Wacom-Bamboo-Spark-Cartridges-ACK21507/dp/B01717SAJM/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&qid=1601555780&refinements=p_89:Wacom&s=computers&sr=1-20

Would prefer something requiring no cartridges. Kindly suggest.

I have this , do let me know if it serves your purpose. Bought it out of whim but have never used till now. Don't have the included micro-usb cable though, it was used to charge mobile instead.

I have this , do let me know if it serves your purpose. Bought it out of whim but have never used till now. Don't have the included micro-usb cable though, it was used to charge mobile instead.
Ok. Ping me the details like which yr you bought it, your loc and price. I would like to have the usb cable as a part of the package so see if thats possible.

This is a refill for wacom ball point pen which is used on a wacom slate to digitize handwritten notes on paper. You don't need this for the tablet you are looking for.
I see. Thanks. Our use will be to draw on paint and similar apps and no handwritten or such biz.
Can you suggest refill free slates?

I see. Thanks. Our use will be to draw on paint and similar apps and no handwritten or such biz.
Can you suggest refill free slates?
Both of the following will be equally good for a small tablet.
Wacom
Huion
Right now I am using Huion (not the model I mentioned above) and it is a great value for money. Its build quality is very good, feel of the pen is like drawing on a real paper and drivers are mature too. So you can go for both Wacom and Huion. Both will be equally good in terms of drawing feel. Huion will give you programmable buttons, a high quality pen, more extra nibs etc.
If your wife is a pro or serious about digital art then I think you should go for a large tablet to get large drawing area. But for a small tablet the above mentioned ones are great.

Both of the following will be equally good for a small tablet.
Wacom
Huion
Right now I am using Huion (not the model I mentioned above) and it is a great value for money. Its build quality is very good, feel of the pen is like drawing on a real paper and drivers are mature too. So you can go for both Wacom and Huion. Both will be equally good in terms of drawing feel. Huion will give you programmable buttons, a high quality pen, more extra nibs etc.
If your wife is a pro or serious about digital art then I think you should go for a large tablet to get large drawing area. But for a small tablet the above mentioned ones are great.
Cool! I went through some reviews and found Huion pretty good esp. those extra keys are so much worthy given the price diff. with Wacom.
Which Huion you using lemme know...Link!

I am using the following tablet
Huion H1060P Graphics Drawing Tablet
When I bought it a few years back, my version did not have the new tilt function- battery free stylus. Now the price is less and the stylus is far better. It is a solid tablet for photoshop and drawings. Size really matters in tablet. I made the below drawing using my old 10*6 inch iball tablet. So I think you should go for a bigger tablet.

Last edited:
I am using the following tablet
Huion H1060P Graphics Drawing Tablet
When I bought it a few years back, my version did not have the new tilt function- battery free stylus. Now the price is less and the stylus is far better. It is a solid tablet for photoshop and drawings. Size really matters in tablet. I made the below drawing using my old 10*6 inch iball tablet. So I think you should go for a bigger tablet.
View attachment 91337
Thats awesome!
What I learnt is Wacom nibs are sharp like a normal pen/stylus/pencil while Huion has blunt ones.
I'm inclined towards sharp nibs still what you say?
I mean if one has to draw sharp lines like hair etc. instead of adjusting brush sizes that effort can be reduced in sharp nibs.
Whats your exp?

Thats awesome!
What I learnt is Wacom nibs are sharp like a normal pen/stylus/pencil while Huion has blunt ones.
I'm inclined towards sharp nibs still what you say?
I mean if one has to draw sharp lines like hair etc. instead of adjusting brush sizes that effort can be reduced in sharp nibs.
Whats your exp?
It doesn't work like that. You can apply light pressure to draw thin lines and heavy pressure to draw thick lines so there is no effort in it. You can easily increase decrease the brush size by tapping bracket keys in photoshop.
3.PNG

I have this
Bought in 2014 but not used much after that year.
Got some scratches but they don't affect the use.

Old photos :

I already ordered the one suggested by @powervgx
I was going to order Wacom One by CTL-472 but this Huion is a plus bonus for same price with useful features and size as well.

Back