Graphic Cards wanna buy a GPU within 4000

partha60

Disciple
i am going to buy intel 3 rd gen I3 + Asus MB, 4 GB ram.... I have Seasonic SMPS 520 Watt and Elite 431 Plus cabinet. Please sugest me.... I'm open to suggestions from ATI or Nvidia

Go for an AMD HD 5670 OR better although with the rising prices I think nothing will be cheaper than this.

Here are a few good ones from flipkart --
HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5670 IceQ GPU 1 GB GDDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com;
PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com;
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Hd 5670 512mb ddr5

GDDR5 memory cards are a rarity. Best is he gets the cheaper 1GB GDDR3 memory edition for now.

Thanks Alfha.....my current GPU is Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT..... If i go for Nvidia, then?? i just wanna play Maxpyne 3...

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

i dont have any idea about HIs, i heard that asus is the best for GPU, what about XFX??

Thanks Alfha.....my current GPU is Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT..... If i go for Nvidia, then?? i just wanna play Maxpyne 3.
i dont have any idea about HIs, i heard that asus is the best for GPU, what about XFX??

nVidia has an exceptionally anemic low-end lineup, once their 9*** series GPU's were phased out they have completely lost the game to AMD. No nVidia card come close to the performance-value of the entry-range AMD HD 5670/ 6670 cards. The GTS 450 is rare find and a whole ~2000 quid more expensive where it dukes it out with AMD HD 7750 and HD 6770 and cannot compare to the their performance levels.

HIS, Sapphire and Powercolor are direct board partners of AMD, they market only their cards and chipsets and as far as I am aware Sapphire has a good after sales network in our country.

ASUS and XFX are both maintained by Rashi Peripherals and their after sales complaints are a sordid mess. Also ASUS cards are more expensive than comparable offerings from Sapphire so it is your call.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Rashi has prime location in kolkata....i dont know about Sapphire service centre in kolkata... what about Asus GeForce GT440 1GB DDR3 or Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2 GB DDR3???

Speaking of ASS, just remembered, Sapphire has 2 yrs warranty and 3rd year labour only, AFAIK. Would suggest to opt for other options. @Superbad

Last edited by a moderator:
Rashi has prime location in kolkata....i dont know about Sapphire service centre in kolkata... what about Asus GeForce GT440 1GB DDR3 or Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2 GB DDR3???

Okay even after that prime location Rahi service is pretty much screwed up the worst there, here is proof -- [Complaint] Rashi Peripheral Cheating with XFX Graphic Card Warranty - ReSolved - Digit Technology Discussion Forum.

Also both the cards you have mentioned are close to the HD 5670's performance figures [the GT 520 is the slowest and is outclassed by other two] but use cheaper GDDR3 RAM, something where the latter pulls ahead. Also the inflated V-RAM on these graphics card will do nothing to improve their performance as the are simply too anaemic to utilize the same.

A few reviews for the same --> ASUS GeForce GT 440 1 GB Review | techPowerUp / ZOTAC GeForce GT 520 1 GB Review | techPowerUp.

As we saw in our benchmarks, NVIDIA's GeForce GT 520 is clearly not good enough for any serious gaming. If you are willing to sacrifice details settings, down to lowest in most games I could imagine things being playable at 1024x768, but not beyond. Decent cards for gaming start around $100 with GT 440 or HD 5750, which means $40 more than the GT 520. So instead of going with such a low-end card the better choice would be to buy one game less and spend the saved money on a decent graphics card like the GT 440 or GTS 450.

GeForce GT 440 is really not made for gaming, even though we see it manage 1024x768 at lower detail setting in older titles. If you are into 3D gaming then you should really look at GTS 450 which costs around $30 more but is 70% faster.
While an exact pricing is not available yet, our optimistic prediction is around the USD 100 mark, which means that the card is more expensive than AMD's HD 5670, that delivers 11% more performance. HD 5770 for $120 is even twice as fast. Until NVIDIA reduces the prices of their GT 440 and GT 430 substantially, I don't see it gaining any substantial market share.

Your best bet is to go for the AMD HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 in the sale thread mentioned by Vivek.

Hope this helps. Cheerio!!

Speaking of ASS, just remembered, Sapphire has 2 yrs warranty and 3rd year labour only, AFAIK. Would suggest to opt for other options. Superbad

sapphire official website mentions the warranty as two years. Aditya infotech mentions it as 3 years.

so any warranty claims after 2 years the people at sapphire wont entertain your query and aditya infotech will offer you a refurbished GPU.

just wanted others to know the real deal about warranty for sapphire/aditya infotech.

if anyone is wanting to try a GPU from the house of ATI/AMD better opt it from companies like gigabyte etc.

if anyone is wanting to try a GPU from the house of ATI/AMD better opt it from companies like gigabyte etc.

Recent AMD HD 7*** series from GIGABYTE have faced a lot of flak for poor fan-noise control, even after using larger than average fans. You can Google about it.

Also Sapphire, HIS and Powercolor are official board members of AMD graphics, they release cards for them and are pretty reliable as well as offer more exotic offerings with added bonuses like a great third-party cooler design + shroud [HIS IceQ and Sapphire TOXIC].

Apart from that I agree on your warranty appraisal, same is the case with the HIS cards in India [2 years Limited warranty + 1 year Labour].

I think this leaves MSi as the only company that offers a full 3 years warranty on its cards. Ironically I have an MSi HD 5770 which has served me well for the past ~2[SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]2[/SUB] years [even experienced RMA-ing it was a pretty snappy turn-around].

Recent AMD HD 7*** series from GIGABYTE have faced a lot of flak for poor fan-noise control, even after using larger than average fans. You can Google about it.

Also Sapphire, HIS and Powercolor are official board members of AMD graphics, they release cards for them and are pretty reliable as well as offer more exotic offerings with added bonuses like a great third-party cooler design + shroud [HIS IceQ and Sapphire TOXIC].

Apart from that I agree on your warranty appraisal, same is the case with the HIS cards in India [2 years Limited warranty + 1 year Labour].

I think this leaves MSi as the only company that offers a full 3 years warranty on its cards. Ironically I have an MSi HD 5770 which has served me well for the past ~2[SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]2[/SUB] years [even experienced RMA-ing it was a pretty snappy turn-around].

but then again what about those EOL cards. i have heard sad stories about MSI giving real low credit note on an in warranty but EOL card.

in that case getting a working refurbished card is better than an unrealistically low credit note?

Thanks guys for info.....is HD6570 1GB DDR3 better than HIS Radeon HD5670 IceQ 1GB DDR3?? because price is almost same in Theitdepot.....Asus Radeon HD6570 1GB DDR3-4305.00 and HIS Radeon HD5670 IceQ 1GB DDR3-4385.00 .....which one is better?

Thanks guys for info.....is HD6570 1GB DDR3 better than HIS Radeon HD5670 IceQ 1GB DDR3?? because price is almost same in Theitdepot.....Asus Radeon HD6570 1GB DDR3-4305.00 and HIS Radeon HD5670 IceQ 1GB DDR3-4385.00 .....which one is better?

The HIS 5670 IceQ edition is a better buy Parth.

Thanks...[DOUBLEPOST=1363488706,1342686435][/DOUBLEPOST]I bought I3 3210 and Asus P8H61-M LX, Smps- seaosnic 520 watt and cabinet Elite 431 plus, so plz suggest me a decent Graphics card within 4K[DOUBLEPOST=1363541946][/DOUBLEPOST]Please help me friends....

1. What is your budget?
    4-5K
  2. Current rig Specs

CPU- I3 3210

Motherboard- Asus P8 H61 MLX

RAM- 4 X 2 8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair

Monitor- 20 Inc Samsung
  3. Which PSU/SMPS will you be using? Rating + Brand
    Seasonic 520 Watt
  4. Primary use? (Casual gaming, Hardcore gaming, Just for display, Movies/HTPC)

Casual Gaming
  5. Interested in Crossfire/SLI?
    No
  6. Open to both Nvidia/ATI?
Yes

I think the best you can get is a 5670 1GB DDR5. If not that then the DDR3 version.

However, would suggest to look at used deals for more bang for your money.

And if new only, then try for a AMD HD 7750 , around 6.5K.

Back